Work Site Location: Coeur d' Alene Campus
The purpose of this position is to assist Facilities Operations staff with daily tasks assigned to the Maintenance, Landscape, Custodial, Fleet Services and Mail/Copy departments. When working under the guidance of a journeyman in a respective trade area, incumbents can be an apprentice in that specialty.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background check.
This list includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Receives and completes work orders to perform basic maintenance and repair requests for Facilities Operations departments.
- Performs various Maintenance department functions, including minor building and system repairs, moving furniture and equipment and tracking stored inventory. Under the guidance of a journeyman, may perform work related to facilities trades.
- Performs various Landscape department functions including turf, tree, shrub, plant care and maintenance. Assists with repairs to irrigation systems, line and sprinkler head repair, blow out and start-up of systems.
- Performs various Custodial Services functions. Vacuums, mops, performs floor care, removes garbage, cleans restrooms, offices, and classrooms and all other cleanable learning spaces.
- Performs various Mail and Copy Center functions, including, sorting mail, collating and processing print jobs. Delivers mail and freight on and off campus.
- Performs various Fleet Service department functions related to vehicle maintenance and repair, including cleaning vehicles, battery testing, oil changes, tire changes, and general automotive maintenance.
- Uses hand and power tools required to perform Maintenance, Landscape, Custodial, Fleet and Mail/Copy Center tasks, including drills, saws, wrenches, print processing devices and floor maintenance tools.
- Operates front end loader, tractors, trucks, sweepers, forklifts, lift trucks and other facilities equipment.
- Operates snow removal equipment and applies sand and de-ice as needed to maintain roads, sidewalks and parking lots.
- May require shift work, being on-call, and/or irregular work schedules, including weekends, responds to emergency calls.
- Adjusts schedule as needed and demonstrates flexibility to work in department with highest priority, as assigned. Takes direction on work from supervisor of assigned department.
- Maintains a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work relationship with supervisors, college staff, students, and the community.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience : High school diploma or GED and one year of experience
Additional Minimum Qualifications : High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one year of full-time related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience to include operation, maintenance and repair of facilities systems required.
Required License and/or Certifications : Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Good customer service skills
• Basic skills in operating power and hand tools, as well as landscape and custodial tools and equipment
• Basic skills in operating office equipment and a computer, including Microsoft Office
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Must be able to prioritize work orders.
• Ability to read, write and speak in English.
Advertised: 20 Nov 2020 Pacific Standard Time