Hourly Career Coach
Job Code/Title 82822 - H - Student Advisor SS 2 Position Number HU1190 Working Title Hourly Career Coach Department Career Services Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range $23-$27 Campus Monroe Park Campus Position Type Hourly Hours/Week 20 Normal work days Monday - Friday Normal work hours Job Category Administrative/ Secretarial/ Clerical Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical No Description of the Job
Business Career Services is seeking a career coach for students
from multiple business disciplines. The career coach will manage a
caseload of graduate students as well as interested alumni. This
person will provide coaching, guidance, and mentoring to students in
planning for careers in business, and facilitate the development of
career management skills, help prepare for the job search process,
and discuss career options with students as they choose their major.
The career coach follows-up with individuals to monitor progress.
This person will utilize technology, resources, and assessment tools
to guide students through the career and leadership development
We seek a dynamic team player to research, create and teach
innovative programs and seminars that provide the seamless
development of business students’ academic and career aspirations.
This person will facilitate classroom presentations related to career
preparation (internship/job search strategies, networking, etc.), and
assist with marketing programs and services to students, alumni, and
faculty as necessary. The position will perform other duties as assigned by the manager.
This position is part-time and will not exceed an average of 20 hours
per week for the fiscal year. Hour fluctuation is at the discretion of
leadership based on the level of need during the school year.
• Strong facilitative and interpersonal skills in supporting a diverse audience of students, faculty, alumni and employers.
• Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Attention to detail.
• A high level of professionalism with the ability to work in a diverse student, faculty, and staff environment.
• The ability to create strong relationships with university administrators, faculty, students and employers interested or involved in Business Career Services.
• Master’s degree is preferred, though robust experience coaching students in a university environment or experience in a recruiting role may supplement.
• Skilled in computer applications (Microsoft Office) and ability to learn new online and software based resources quickly.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a part of a team is essential.
Job Open Date 11/20/2020 Remove from posting on or before 12/02/2020 Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants Additional Information Quick Link http://www.vcujobs.com/postings/101790 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Cooperative & Experiential Education Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Other Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Student Affairs Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond