Analytical Chemist, Medicines for All
University Code 33241 University Title Scientist 1 University Job Family Research & Innovation ORP Eligible Yes For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Job Series Scope of Search Local Working Title Analytical Chemist, Medicines for All Position Number 591120 Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Chemical & Life Science Engineering Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
Medicines for All Institute (M4ALL), operating under the auspices of VCU College of Engineering, is committed to improving access to affordable high-quality medicines. In support of their mission of enhancing the security of medicine supply chains around the world, the Institute is inviting applications for the position of Analytical Chemist.
This position will be responsible for:
• Development and performance of analytical methods to support process chemistry development
• Maintenance of analytical instrumentation within the Institute laboratories
• Training and education of M4ALL staff in proper use and application of analytical techniques
• Transfer of analytical methods to internal and external customers
• Research and development of new technology to address problems encountered by M4ALL in fulfilling its mission
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum Hiring Standards
• Ph.D. in biochemistry, analytical chemistry or organic chemistry preferred. Candidates with M.S. with numerous years of experience will also be considered
• Extensive experience supporting process chemistry development in a pharmaceutical setting.
• Extensive hands-on experience with a wide range of analytical instrumentation including, but not limited to, HPLC, GC, SFC, MS, spectroscopy and other analytical instrumentation and associated software
• The College of Engineering at VCU supports a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment. The candidate will
demonstrate experience that shows their commitment to fostering such an environment
Preferred Hiring Standards
• Previous research experience with a focus on chromatography.
• Ability to train lab personnel with various levels of experience.
• Ability to perform routine preventative maintenance and coordinate service visits.
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience Application Process/Additional Information Campus MCV Campus Hours/Week 40 hr/wk Normal Work Days/Hours Monday-Friday/8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Job Open Date 11/20/2020 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Research Is this a restricted position? Yes Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/101693 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What professional experience do you have that best relates to
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Chemistry & Biochemistry Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond