Information Center Assistant
Please view posting details below. To apply to this posting, please click the link above.
Information Center Assistant
Grant Funding Source
DT Information Center
The Information Center Assistant plays a key role in helping new to college prospects and current students by providing excellent customer care in enrollment and technical support within a contact center environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Provides phone, email and chat support within a contact center environment
• Ensures excellent customer care delivery through attitude, attention, passion and the ability to connect with prospects and students
• Accurately creates, escalates and closes customer cases
• Effectively collaborates and communicates with co-workers by submitting updates and event announcements.
• Accurately creates and edits knowledge base articles
• Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task and follow procedures
• Ability to think independently and make decisions
• Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
• Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through Tarrant County College ( TCC )
• Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
• Supports the mission, values and 3 goals and 8 principles of the College
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• High School diploma or General Equivalency Diploma ( GED )
• One year experience working in a contact center environment or equivalent customer service experience
• Proficient with Windows and Mac OS operating systems with superb navigation skills utilizing various browser applications
• Types a minimum of 35 wpm
• Professional telephone etiquette with excellent oral and written communication skills
Desired Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Associate’s degree or 60 college hours from a regionally accredited college or university
• Student or work experience at TCC or another institution of higher learning
• Bilingual: Spanish or Vietnamese
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Special Instructions Summary
This is a part-time position, maximum 19.5 hrs. per week.
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Certification / License