Journey Electrician - (STA006666)
Under general supervision, maintains electrical service to university owned buildings. Maintains branch circuits for convenience outlets, lighting, motors and controllers. Maintains emergency power circuits.
- Inspects and repairs electrical service within buildings, including electrical distribution, branch circuits, associated breakers and distribution panels.
- Inspects and repairs emergency power circuits within buildings, to include distribution and branch circuits.
- Repairs/replaces damaged or faulty electrical devices in electrical distribution throughout buildings, i.e., breakers, wiring, controllers, convenience outlets, light fixtures, lights, etc.
- Completes work orders, emergency tickets and preventative maintenance assignments.
- Works with outside electrical supplier (HL&P) to ensure that all power lines are free of obstacles; works with suppliers and outside contractors in restoring overhead power to buildings.
- Serves on special task force during periods of emergency, such as floods, storms, hurricanes, etc.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- THIS JOB REQUIRES A VALID TEXAS DRIVER'S LICENSE AND A VALID JOURNEYMAN ELECTRICIAN LICENSE.
High school and 1 year experience.
Requires a basic knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and simple mathematical functions like percentages, ratios, etc. as might normally be acquired through attainment of a high school diploma or GED.
Requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly job-related experience.
Requires technical certification or licensing directly related to the job, as specified on a job description addendum.
Note: Applicants please provide your Journeyman Electrician License number with application submission.
- Veterans are encouraged to apply.
- Previous experience in higher education, hospitals or hotels a plus.
This position is an essential position for Facilities and Construction Management. Essential position you will be required to perform the work needed if directed by management even when the office or school is closed and may be required to report to work.
Note: Applicants attach 3 professional references with your submission.
Notes to Applicant: Please include a minimum of 3 professional references with your attachments.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston