Associate Dean for Faculty & Student Affairs
Located in metropolitan Salt Lake City in the foothills of the Wasatch Mountains, the University of Utah is the state’s flagship research institution and emphasizes exceptional scholarship, quality, teaching, and professional service. The University serves 32,000 students from across the U.S. and the world with over 72 major subjects at the undergraduate level and more than 90 major fields of study at the graduate level, including law and medicine. Known for its proximity to seven world-class ski resorts within 40 minutes of campus, the University of Utah encourages an active, holistic lifestyle, innovation, and collaborative thinking to engage students, faculty, and business leaders. Salt Lake City is a vibrant, major metropolitan area with a diverse, multicultural population and numerous cultural and outdoor activities.
The College of Education at the University of Utah seeks a scholar at the associate/full professor level for a 50% College administrative role focused on faculty and students’ support and 50% tenured faculty member. The proposed position will be filled by an individual with relevant prior leadership experience and a demonstrated record of success in research and teaching in Education. The ideal candidate will share the College of Education’s commitment to scholarship, teaching, and service that advances social justice and equity, positively impacts the field, and fosters community and collegial relationships.
- An earned doctorate in the education or closely related field
- Established record of research, teaching, and service that merits appointment as a tenured faculty member at the senior level (associate or full professor) in a department in the College
- At least three years of administrative leadership experience at the level of program coordinator, department chair, Associate Dean, or other parallel roles
- Demonstrated experience in mentoring junior faculty, researchers, and students.
- Experience working with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
This is a five-year appointment as 50% Associate Dean with the opportunity for renewal with an anticipated start date of July 1, 2021. This is also a 50% appointment as a faculty member with tenure. Earlier start dates will be considered. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
For the full posting and application process please visit: https://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/109468
File review will begin January 11, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled. Questions regarding the position may be directed to the Search Committee Chair, Dr. William Smith at William.firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate based upon race, national origin, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, status as a person with a disability, genetic information, or Protected Veteran status. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities. To inquire about the University’s nondiscrimination or affirmative action policies or to request disability accommodation, please contact: Director, Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Circle, Rm 135, (801) 581-8365.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Salt Lake City
- Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Salt Lake City
- Other Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Salt Lake City
- Administrative Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Salt Lake City
- Academic Affairs Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Salt Lake City