Open Rank Faculty Positions - Data Science - College of Engineering - Texas A&M University
The College of Engineering at Texas A&M University invites applications for two full-time tenured or tenure-track positions in the area of Data Science to reside in either the Department of Computer Science and Engineering or the Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering. Areas of interest include all sub-areas of Data Analytics, Data Science, and Data Engineering. These positions are 9-month academic appointments with the possibility of an additional summer appointment contingent upon need and availability of funds, beginning fall of 2021. Applicants will be considered for the faculty titles of assistant, associate, and full professor levels depending on qualifications. The successful applicant will be required to teach; advise and mentor graduate students; develop an independent, externally funded research program; participate in all aspects of the department’s activities; and serve the profession.
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) and the Wm Michael Barnes ’64 Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering (ISEN) are currently one of 14 departments in the College of Engineering:
- In CSE, many of the 47 tenured/tenure-track faculty and 15 teaching-focused faculty hold a number of national distinctions, including ACM, IEEE, AAAS, and SIAM Fellows, and ACM Distinguished Scientists and Engineers. The department has a strong and vibrant research program with half the faculty having received NSF CAREER/NYI/PYI awards. The CSE student population is comprised of over 1,200 undergraduate students (sophomore to senior level) and nearly 400 graduate students. More information about CSE is available at http://www.cse.tamu.edu.
- In ISEN, many of the 31 tenured/tenure-track faculty and 18 teaching-focused faculty hold a number of national distinctions, including the Frank and Lillian Gilbreth Industrial Engineering Award, the Albert G. Holzman Distinguished Educator Award, Fellows of IISE, HFES, ASME, and ASEE, and Editor-in-Chiefs. The department has strong and vibrant research programs in Advanced Manufacturing, Data Science, Human and Health Systems Engineering (Human Factors and Ergonomics), and Operations Research. The ISEN student population is comprised of almost 900 undergraduate students (sophomore to senior level) and over 260 graduate students. More information about ISEN is available at https://engineering.tamu.edu/industrial.
CSE and ISEN faculty have strong collaborations with the Center for Remote Health Technologies and Systems, Cybersecurity Center, Institute for Manufacturing Systems, Institute of Data Science, and Bush Combat Development Complex. Successful applicants have the opportunity of courtesy appointments in departments such as the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, the Department of Statistics, and the Department of Mathematics.
Applicants must have earned a doctorate in computer science, computer engineering, industrial engineering, or a closely related field. Applicants should submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, teaching statement, research statement, diversity statement, and a list of three references (including email addresses) by applying for this specific position at http://apply.interfolio.com/81117. The review process will begin immediately. Priority consideration will be given to applications received by January 15, 2021. Applications received after that date may be considered until positions are filled. It is anticipated the appointments will begin fall 2021.
This institution is using Interfolio's Faculty Search to conduct this search. Applicants to this position receive a free Dossier account and can send all application materials, including confidential letters of recommendation, free of charge.
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents, and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in College Station
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in College Station
- Computer Sciences & Technology Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in College Station
- Engineering Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in College Station