Team Cleaning Specialist
University of Idaho
Team Cleaning Specialist
Division/College: Facilities Management
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $13.38 per hour or higher depending on experience and education
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Under the general direction of the Building Services Manager and the supervision of the Custodian Foreperson, Team Cleaning Specialists maintain clean and orderly facilities for students, faculty, staff and visitors. Team Cleaning Specialists secure assigned buildings; respond to special cleaning requests and schedule cleaning and maintenance activities as part of a self-directed team. Team Cleaning Specialists are expected to perform each of the following jobs on a rotating basis: detail specialist, vacuum specialist, restroom specialist, and utility specialist.
This is an essential position that will be called upon in the event of an emergency and/or University Closure.
- Due to the duties of this position, successful candidates must be at least 18 years of age.
-Ability to work full-time, 40 hours per week, Shifts available are 4:00 am - 12:00 pm, 4:00 pm - 1:00 am and 7:00 pm to 5:00 am, 7:00 am - 3:30 pm, or other times as may be assigned.
- Willingness to: perform duties associated with commercial cleaning, including operating industrial-type cleaning equipment such as high-speed buffers and vacuum cleaners; cleaning restrooms, bath facilities, locker rooms, swimming pools, and/or similar facilities; dusting and washing a variety of building surfaces such as shelves, window sills, walls and floors; moving heavy items such as tables, chairs, and bleachers; repairing the equipment and related devices operated in cleaning.
Possess a valid motor vehicle operator’s license and be able to meet policy requirements for driving University vehicles.
- Any experience that indicates a skill level necessary to perform any of the assigned custodial tasks.
- Demonstrated attitude toward customer satisfaction and continuous quality service improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and cooperate with others.
- Demonstrated reliability/dependability through work history, school or references.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Physical ability to: bend and stoop; lift, carry and/or otherwise move items weighing up to approximately 50 pounds; stand and walk continuously throughout the shift; climb and stand on ladders.
- Be able to work in adverse weather conditions.
Posting Number: SP002597P
Posting Date: 09/25/2020
Closing Date: 12/6/2020
Open Until Filled: No
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.