Assistant Teaching Professor, Associate Teaching Professor, Teaching Professor
MEDEX Northwest, Department of Family Medicine
School of Medicine, University of Washington
Faculty Positions: Assistant Teaching Professor, Associate Teaching Professor, (full-time – part-time), Teaching Professor
The MEDEX Physician Assistant Program at the University of Washington seeks PA faculty members at its five campuses in Seattle, Tacoma and Spokane, WA, Anchorage, AK, and Kona, Hawaii. These are 12-month non-tenure track positions.
Faculty assist in all aspects of the program including recruitment and the development, delivery and evaluation of the curriculum associated with the program. All University of Washington faculty engage in teaching, research, and service.
Responsibilities may include:
- Classroom and on-line teaching
- developing syllabi, lectures and evaluation instruments
- coordinating or chairing at least one course
- advising and evaluating students
- working collaboratively with other faculty members, medical director, staff and invited guest lecturers
- developing and nurturing clinical sites and preceptors
- managing student placements throughout the second (clinical) year
- developing and maintaining the clinical year curriculum
- and supervising clinical end-of-rotation activities
- admissions activities, scholarly activity, committees, as well as other duties as assigned.
- Eligible for PA licensure in the state of assigned campus
- Completion of a Physician Assistant program
- A master's degree from an accredited Physician Assistant Program, or foreign equivalent.
- Teaching experience of at least one year in either a classroom or clinical setting is required.
- Current NCCPA certification or equivalent and two years of clinical experience
We are interested in candidates who are committed to developing and supporting diversity and inclusion in the work and learning environment. Faculty members enjoy a generous benefits package.
When submitting application materials, please designate campus of interest in cover letter
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
University of Washington is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or protected veteran status.
Commitment to Diversity
The University of Washington is committed to building diversity among its faculty, librarian, staff, and student communities, and articulates that commitment in the UW Diversity Blueprint (http://www.washington.edu/diversity/diversity-blueprint/). Additionally, the University’s Faculty Code recognizes faculty efforts in research, teaching and/or service that address diversity and equal opportunity as important contributions to a faculty member’s academic profile and responsibilities (https://www.washington.edu/admin/rules/policies/FCG/FCCH24.html#2432).
UW DFM Commitment to Diversity
As a department in the UW School of Medicine, we are committed to a diverse, inclusive community. Our intention is to create a community that encourages participation and connection, and values each individual’s unique contributions regardless of socioeconomic status, race, culture, ethnicity, language, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, spiritual practice, geography, mental and physical status or age.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Seattle
- Education Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Seattle
- Curriculum & Instruction Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Seattle
- Health & Medicine Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Seattle
- Other Health & Medicine Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Seattle