Director of Center for Teaching and Learning /
NYU Shanghai seeks a Director of Center for Teaching and Learning. Reporting to the Provost of NYU Shanghai, the Director will spearhead and implement innovative programming focused on fostering excellence in teaching across disciplines in a diverse and multicultural setting. The director will oversee the center, identify the instructional needs of the institution and create programming to address those needs; and will coordinate with other University units including the Library's Research and Instructional Technology Services Team, Academic Affairs, and IT on projects such as assessment, learning portfolios, LMS technology, and local and global learning community outreach. The Director will also work with other academic units in the NYU Global Network, particularly New York and Abu Dhabi. The main responsibilities include:
- Provide training and support on innovative and effective pedagogy to a diverse group of faculty at different stages of their career and with varied levels of teaching experience;
- Create programs to address the specific pedagogical needs of internationally diverse students and faculty and foster ongoing conversions about inclusive teaching in a culturally diverse environment;
- Oversee the Center's ongoing development and programming such as workshops, course development studios, consultations, syllabus reviews, classroom observations, mid-term student perceptions, learning communities, teaching talks, etc.;
- Work collaboratively with faculty, administration and various departments across the university to foster a learning community of teaching across disciplines;
- Work closely with the Library's Research and Instructional Technology Services on hybrid and online learning design, technology supported pedagogy innovations and programs, and the new LMS rollout;
- Oversee the center's program budget;
- Oversee, and maintain the Center for Teaching and Learning's website;
- Assist faculty and staff in teaching and related professional development activities;
- Collaborate with comparable programs at NYU's other portal campuses in Abu Dhabi and New York;
- Contribute to programs assessing the quality of the educational and student experience at NYU Shanghai;
- Other duties as assigned.
An earned MA in a relevant
mentoring faculty in teaching;
Demonstrated ability to
collaborate with other academic units and coordinate and manage
complex projects with teams, particularly key units such as
Academic Affairs, Research and Instructional Technology
Demonstrated engagement with
the scholarship of teaching and learning;
An interest and experience in
teaching in a diverse, multilingual, multinational setting.
- An earned doctorate in a relevant field.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching;
- Experience managing (at director or assistant director level) a teaching and learning center;
- Knowledge of language acquisition scholarship and practice, and experience mentoring disciplinary faculty who are working with multilingual populations;
- Experience working with faculty across disciplines (including STEM, business, humanities, social sciences, arts, writing, language);
- Experience working with assessment protocols in the U.S. and/or China.
Application Instructions Applications will be examined on a rolling basis; applications received by Jan 1, 2021 will receive a full review. First round interviews will be scheduled in January 2021, with the intention of naming a person to this position by the end of this academic year. The position is in Shanghai, China, and will begin in August 2021. Interested candidates should apply online by submitting a cover letter and curriculum vitae. We will also ask finalists to supply at least three references. About NYU Shanghai NYU Shanghai is China's first Sino-US research university and the third degree-granting campus of the NYU Global Network. We were founded in 2012 by New York University and East China Normal University with the support of the city of Shanghai and the district of Pudong. The University is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Please feel free to follow our official WeChat Account: NYUShanghaiRecruit to get updated news. If you have any inquiries, please contact HR at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in China
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in China
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in China
- Student Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in China
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in China