Assistant Professor of Communication Studies
Assistant Professor of Communication Studies, tenure-track, in the Communicating Arts Department. The position involves teaching face-to-face and online courses in the undergraduate Communication Studies area beginning Fall 2021. We are especially interested in candidates who can teach a range of courses in interpersonal and relational communication. The incoming faculty member will participate in curriculum development, including the development of new courses. The Communicating Arts department maintains small class sizes and prides itself on student-centered teaching.
- Instruction of 12 credit hours (or equivalent) per semester
- Academic advising
- Senior capstone supervision
- Curriculum development
- Department and university service
- Productive scholarship in Communication Studies
- Ph.D. in Communication by August 25, 2021.
- Ability to teach courses in interpersonal and relational communication, rhetoric and public advocacy, and areas of individual expertise.
- University-level teaching experience.
- A record of scholarly activity in Communication Studies.
- Commitment to inclusive excellence in teaching and learning.
- Experience teaching online and/or using learning management systems or platforms.
- Interest in developing and teaching on-line curriculum.
- Demonstrated record of teaching excellence.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with people from different cultural backgrounds, including those associated with race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, and other aspects of human diversity