Faculty - Financial Planning - Colangelo College of Business
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as a full time Faculty member for the traditional ground campus in the Colangelo College of Business. At the cornerstone of every degree earned at the Colangelo College of Business is an education that develops values driven business leaders. The college features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
As a full-time Faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction in modern facilities with smaller class sizes, we’d like to hear from you.
The Colangelo College of Business at Grand Canyon University is seeking a full-time faculty member for Finance, Financial Planning (open to all ranks). The position provides instruction that incorporates practitioner knowledge, teaching methodologies, current technologies, and other trends that reflect advances in specific areas of the disciplines of finance.
PLEASE NOTE: This position will be based on our Main Campus in Phoenix, AZ. This is a 9-month position and will have an anticipated start date of August 1st, 2021.
- Creates a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Board registered program including receiving initial accreditation from the CFP Board.
- Develops CFP related coursework including a Test Preparation Capstone course.
- Maintains ongoing CFP Board accreditation.
- Develops and supports business relationships and corporate sponsorships related to the field of Financial Planning.
- Assists students with careers in Financial Planning.
- Prepares and delivers lectures to undergraduate and graduate students within the prescribed curriculum.
- Stimulates class discussions and facilitates learning in the on-ground or online classroom.
- Assesses student performance in accordance with University Assessment Practices.
- Remains current in the field of financial planning and effective teaching techniques.
- Maintains four course teaching load each semester.
- Participates in faculty and Colangelo College of Business meetings and College/University committee activities.
- Performs other duties as directed by the Dean, Colangelo College of Business, centered on teaching, service, and scholarship.
- Supports the integrity of the GCU mission and educational learning outcomes.
- PhD in Financial Planning or related business discipline is preferred or MBA/Financial Planning graduate degree.
- CFP Certification - currently meets the Certified Financial Planner Board's initial and ongoing requirements.
- Previous experience in developing and managing a CFP Board registered program is preferred; to include creating the coursework to fulfill the requirements of CFP certification.
- Post-secondary experience teaching Financial Planning courses.
- Significant (5+ years desired), documented, industry experience in the field of Financial Planning is required.
- Ability and experience teaching across disciplines (i.e., economics, accounting, etc.) is a plus.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University's Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.