Faculty - Supply Chain & Logistics Management - Colangelo College of Business
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as a full time Faculty member for the traditional ground campus in the Colangelo College of Business. At the cornerstone of every degree earned at the Colangelo College of Business is an education that develops values driven business leaders. The college features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
As a full-time Faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction in modern facilities with smaller class sizes, we’d like to hear from you.
Please Note: This is a 9-month Faculty position, based on our Main Campus in Phoenix. AZ. The anticipated start date is August 2021.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession. Other main responsibilities include the following:
- Prepares and delivers lectures to undergraduate and graduate students within the prescribed curriculum.
- Stimulates class discussions and facilitates learning in the on-ground or online classroom.
- Assesses student performance in accordance with University Assessment Practices.
- Remains current in the field of expertise and effective teaching techniques.
- Maintains standard teaching load each semester.
- Participates in faculty and Colangelo College of Business meetings and College/University committee activities.
- Performs other duties as directed by the Dean, Colangelo College of Business, centered on teaching, service, and scholarship.
- Supports the integrity of the GCU mission and educational learning outcomes of the Christian university.
- PhD or DBA in Supply Chain, Logistics or related business discipline or MBA or business-related MS graduate degree.
- Post-secondary experience teaching supply chain, logistics, procurement, manufacturing, operations business courses.
- Significant (5+ years desired), documented, industry experience in Global Supply Chain, Logistics, Procurement, Manufacturing, Operations, and/or Lean Six Sigma is required.
- Ability and experience teaching across disciplines (e.g. business, strategy, finance, operations, etc.) is a plus.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University's Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.