Assistant Professor of Visual Art and Design - Tenure track
Siena College invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Visual Art & Design position in the Creative Arts Department to begin Fall 2021. Applicants will hold an MFA in Digital Art, Fine Art, or a related field, and have at least 3 years of previous experience teaching in a college or university setting. The successful candidate will be able to:
Teach courses in the following fields: digital photography, digital video, and graphic design. Teaching load is equal to 12 contact hours per semester, and tenure-track faculty will be automatically granted 3 hours of reassigned time for research. Studio Art classes consist of 4 contact hours generally, yielding a teaching load of two classes each term with options to balance the load by teaching a third class in either term, team teaching a class, or (through consultation with the chair) teaching a 1 credit course each term.
- The successful candidate will be fluent in the adobe creative cloud software, especially photoshop, illustrator, and premier pro.
- Manage a digital art lab classroom that includes 16 iMac computers, Epson printers, and additional camera & lighting equipment.
- Work with ITS to facilitate software and hardware updates and installation.
- Work with the chair and other visual art faculty to plan and implement a new visual art major.
- Work collaboratively in an interdisciplinary department that includes visual art, music, communications, and theatre.
- Maintain an active artistic practice for which 3 hours per term of reassigned time will be automatically awarded during the years that precede a determination on tenure.
- Serve as an academic advisor for the Creative Arts Major and co-director for the Multimedia Design minor.
- Actively serve on departmental and college committees.
- MFA in Digital Art, Fine Art, or a related field
- at least 3 years of previous experience teaching in a college or university setting
- A background screening will be required.
Siena College is a coeducational, independent, liberal arts college in the Franciscan and Catholic tradition located in a suburban area just two miles north of Albany, New York’s capital city. The Capital District offers a wide variety of high-quality cultural entertainment and outdoor activities. Albany is also centrally located and less than three hours from New York City, Boston, and Montreal.
Siena College is committed to attracting, supporting, and retaining a diverse faculty. We actively encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, veterans, and others who may make a positive contribution to the diversification of ideas and perspectives.
Siena College is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
An ongoing review of applications will begin immediately. Individuals interested in this position should send: letter of interest, curriculum vitae, artist statement, teaching philosophy, names and contact information for three references, five examples of your work, and five examples of your students’ work. Video and web work may be submitted via hyperlink. http://siena.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=125919