Director of Operations
Director of Operations
The Director of Operations oversees the coordination of resources and management of all matters related to operations that impact the schools, students, and families served by the Earl Monroe New Renaissance Charter School. The Director of Operations reports directly to the Head of the School. This position also works closely with the senior administrative team, ensures that the school is run well fiscally and operationally, and informs programs, policies, and process improvements related to the provision of operational support services for the school.
- Responsible for site level procurement of supplies, materials, equipment, and inventory management
- Local manager for transportation, food services, facilities maintenance, security and other third party service contracts, ensuring ongoing monitoring and implementation of contracts.
- Manage all aspects of free and reduced lunch program/process, including managing the entire application process
- Coordinate technology implementation(planning, procurement, and training)
- Implement enrollment campaign for students including engagement in local marketing initiatives, demographic analysis, coordination with local/regional communications specialist.
- Oversee enrollment at school site and, as required, lead the enrollment process by working with the school leadership, secretaries, teachers and central enrollment department/advertising to meet enrollment targets.
- Work with school personnel to maintain integrity and accuracy of student records, including maintenance and tracking of attendance and retention
- Support all operational and logistical projects for start-up operations.
- Responsible for staying on top of city-wide regulations to ensure that the school is in compliance with the city and the Department of Education guidelines.
- Oversees and organizes the accreditation process
- All other duties assigned
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Demonstrated success in managing contracts
Experience with monitoring budgets
Experience with working in education organizations
Operations and facilities management experience
Demonstrates a drive commitment and sense of urgency
Demonstrates good judgement; approachable and professional; solid problem solving skills; self-motivated; well organized