Director of Industry Relations
The Director of Industry Relations will manage the College of Engineering and Computing (CEC) relationships with both domestic and international companies in the engineering, computing and health industries. Will manage, build, cultivate and sustain relationships with specific industries and other stakeholders to support and enhance experiential learning programs, support co-curricular programs, and provide internship/job opportunities for CEC graduates.
Duties include and are not be limited to:
- Develop and steward a wide range of industrial corporate relations for the College of Engineering and Computing (CEC).
- Manage, identify and advance relationships with relevant industries to support and enhance experiential learning programs, to support co-curricular programs and centers, to increase the number of companies working directly with departments/centers, and to support and enhance the graduate programs in the CEC.
- Identify educational needs of employers and their employees, and align with CEC current and potential new programs or certificate offering programs.
- Facilitate clinical placement of clinical engineering students in health care facilities throughout the region.
- Coordinate closely with the CEC academic departments, graduate programs, centers, institutes, and University Advancement.
- Create marketing materials to support CEC industrial corporate relations.
- Maintain interdepartmental relationships to exchange relevant information and collaborate on events.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) field with 8 years of industry experience with an emphasis on sales and marketing in at least one of the following three business areas: engineering, computing, or health; Established record of accomplishment of identifying, developing and managing relationships within one of these three industries: engineering, computing, or health focused; Outstanding interpersonal communication skills; Strong organizational skills; Familiarity with desktop publishing software; Ability to travel.
This position is available to persons who are currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time and indefinite basis. (Persons authorized to work on such a basis include US citizens, lawful permanent residents (“green card” holders), asylees, refugees, and temporary residents under IRCA.)
Consideration may be given to candidates with a Master’s degree and 10 years or more of broad industrial administration experience. Emphasis on sales and marketing in at least two of the following three business areas: engineering, computing, or health. Event planning experience.
Submit cover letter and curriculum vitae to http://jobs.miamioh.edu/cw/en-us/job/497123?lApplicationSubSourceID=. Inquiries may be directed to Clark Kelly at email@example.com. Screening of applications will begin December 9, 2020 and continue until the position is filled.
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Oxford
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Oxford
- Cooperative & Experiential Education Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Oxford
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Oxford
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Oxford