Human Resources Manager
Reporting to the Sr. Divisional Human Resources Director for the SVPCBO Enterprise, the Human Resources Manager will serve as a business partner for the Divisions of Finance, Human Resources, Policy and Governance and Equity and Accessibility by providing support and guidance for human resources activities for the divisions in accordance with university policies and procedures. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, performance management, compensation analysis, recruitment, employee relations, talent development and planning, coordination of training, and human resources analysis and reporting. The Human Resources Manager collaborates with the management across all units to develop and implement staffing, retention, recognition, performance, organizational design, and career development plans to address current and future needs of the departments.
• Master's Degree in Business Administration, Management, Human Resources, Organizational Development or related field, or Bachelor's degree with significant related professional experience.
• HR experience as an HR Manager or HR Generalist providing guidance to management in a large/complex organization.
• Demonstrated experience in multiple functions such as staffing/recruitment, compensation, employee relations, rewards and recognition, performance management, and organizational development.
• Demonstrated proficiency with office software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Additional qualifications include excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to work independently as well as with diverse, collaborative teams.
• Ability to make independent decisions and solve problems.
• Ability to prioritize and manage workload.
• Experience working with human resources in an operations environment.
• Experience managing or leading teams with successful results.
• Experience with online applicant tracking systems.
• Knowledge of process improvement strategies.
• Experience with Virginia Tech human resources policies and procedures.
• SHRM or other applicable HR designation preferred.
Commensurate with Experience
December 7th 2020
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges , a school of medicine , a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School , and Honors College . The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers . A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Jeff Cumberland at email@example.com during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: November 19, 2020
Applications close: December 7, 2020 Eastern Standard Time
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Business & Management Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Business Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Management Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Other Business & Management Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg