Assistant Facility Security Officer
Virginia Tech’s Office of Export and Secure Research Compliance (OESRC) is seeking to fill two positions:
1) an Assistant Facility Security Officer (AFSO)/Assistant Contractor Program Security Officer (ACPSO) for multiple programs executed out of the Blacksburg, VA home office, and
2) an Assistant Facility Security Officer (AFSO)/Assistant Contractor Program Security Officer (ACPSO) for multiple programs executed out of the Arlington, VA branch office.
As the AFSO/ACPSO, you will work closely with OESRC security management to ensure compliance with U.S. Government directives, regulations and requirements, as well as university policies and procedures and customer-directed requirements. The AFSO/ACPSO manages all aspects of the National Industrial Security Program (NISP) and reports to the respective office’s Facility Security Officer (FSO) and/or Contractor Special Security Officer (CSSO).
• Master’s degree in Science, Engineering, or Business Administration or related field; or bachelor’s degree with significant training and/or progressive professional experience in lieu of an advance degree.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen due to the nature and sensitivity of the position
• Must have an active Top Secret Clearance with Tier 5 investigation (T5) (within 6 years) and SCI eligibility
• Experience with DOD security processing systems such as DISS, JPAS, NISS, e-QIP, SWFT
• Ability to effectively communicate and coordinate with a wide range of internal and external customers
• Active Top Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility and Counterintelligence (CI) Polygraph, all within scope (within 6 years)
• Have held or have current certification, clearance or designation in at least one of the following: Facility Security Officer (FSO), Contractor Special Security Officer, Assistant Facility Security Officer
• Completion of FSO Program Management for Possessing Facilities Curriculum
• An understanding of ISSM & ISSO duties and responsibilities
Commensurate with Experience
January 22, 2021
Two openings with one on the main campus in Blacksburg, VA and the other in the Virginia Tech Research Center in Arlington, VA.
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges , a school of medicine , a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School , and Honors College . The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers . A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Lynn Byrd at email@example.com during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: November 19, 2020
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.