CO Clinical Nurse
Responsible for making decisions regarding patient care; serves as patient advocate; demonstrates responsibility and accountability with patients, family members, other providers and support personnel regarding patient care/and or unit operations. Exercises independent, professional judgment and decision making on a consistent basis. Adapts to changes in technology and software to ensure efficient office practice. Applicant will attend our didactic curriculum includes weekly conferences, monthly grand rounds, monthly journal club, and monthly M&M conferences.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- This position’s primary duty will be to provide clinical support to the Hepatology Physicians. The individual will provide direct patient care based on the nursing process; works collaboratively with a multidisciplinary health care team to optimize team performance.
- Ensure patient and physician calls are returned in a timely manner, and all patient interactions are documented appropriately in EPIC.
- Triage patients, responding as needed, or forwarding a detailed message to the appropriate physician.
- Answer questions from patients regarding physician instructions, medications, prescription refills, biopsy results, and/or other aspects of clinical care.
- Retrieve diagnostic results, coordinate physician sign-off of results, and call patients with results according to clinic protocol. Assumes responsibility for own professional development and remains current in clinical practice by attending relevant continuing education. Assist physicians in the clinic
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for time management, professional relationships and interpersonal interactions. Regularly attends all outpatient clinics, assisting with patient management when necessary.
- Assists physicians in conducting comprehensive, age appropriate and episodic health assessment of patients/families with real, potential, acute and/or chronic health problems, which may include the psychosocial, cognitive and personal assets and limitations of the patient/family with an emphasis on wellness.
- Assesses and/or manages follow-up plans, specific to the age of patient served.
- Regularly gives effective, complete and accurate instructions regarding good health maintenance including disease prevention and home health care according to department guidelines and under the supervision of a physician.
- Records and documents health assessment data necessary to maintain, coordinate and/or expedite required services.
- Acts as a resource to health care staff and implements educational programs to improve health status of patients/families, taking into consideration the developmental needs of the patients and families.
- Regularly attends medical rounds with physician or members of medical staff upon request.
- Consistently requests consultations with appropriate departments when necessary.