Virginia Tech’s Office of Export and Secure Research Compliance (OESRC) seeks to fill the role of a System Administrator to join our dynamic team. The System Administrator will be responsible for maintaining systems while applying Information System (IS) security principles, practices, and procedures under the Risk Management Framework (RMF) to maintain compliance with applicable security regulations, such as NIST, DAAPM, NISPOM, and ICDs, governing the development and management of classified information systems.
• Must be a US Citizen due to the nature and sensitivity of the position.
• Must have active Top Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility. Tier 5 investigation must be in-scope per government requirements.
• Master's degree in Information Technology, Information Security, or related field; or Bachelor's degree with significant training and/or progressive professional experience may be considered in lieu of an advance degree.
• Demonstrated experience computer operating system administration experience (Windows or Linux).
• Must be able to maintain a security clearance and access as required to perform duties.
• Must be willing to take a CI polygraph if required by individual sponsors
• Familiarity with Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVAs), and Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) Compliance Checker (SCC)
• Excellent organizational and communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with managers and technical staff.
• Current DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level I or higher certification or ability to obtain DoD 8570.01M certification within 6 months of employment.
• Demonstrated customer and project management skills to include strong prioritization, organization, planning, teamwork, problem-solving, and negotiation skills.
• Current TS/SCI with CI poly, all in-scope.
• Active IAT Level I or higher certification in accordance with DoD 8570.01M.
• Demonstrated experience working with IP Networks and networking concepts
• Certification in systems administration (MCP, LFCS, etc.)
• Demonstrated experience of the Classified Assessment and Authorization (A&A) or Risk Management Framework (RMF) with NISPOM, ICD, DAAPM, ODAA, JSIG security frameworks/policies.
• Familiarity with the Xacta or eMASS systems
Commensurate with Experience
January 4, 2021
This position will be located in the Virginia Tech Research Center in Arlington, VA.
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges , a school of medicine , a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School , and Honors College . The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers . A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Lynn Byrd at email@example.com during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: November 19, 2020
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Computer Services & Information Technology Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Technology Administration/Other Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.