Student Programs Coordinator
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Reporting directly to the Vice Provost for Student Affairs, this position supports academic and student affairs teams in the facilitation, management and administration of university-based, campus wide, affinity-focused student groups and programs. Assisting the vice provosts of student affairs, admissions and financial aid, and academic affairs, this role coordinates and guides University supported student groups in their development, organization, logistics, competitions, and structure. The incumbent’s goal is to fulfill Academic Affairs vision to provide opportunities for students to connect with others who share aspects of their talent, shared experience, identity, and aspirations as they earn, share and exude teamwork, perseverance, school pride, self-awareness, respect, and openness that will represent their group and the university to positively influence the campus culture in support of the mission of Florida Polytechnic University.
- Works with the Vice Provosts and their teams to coordinate new and existing university supported affinity groups.
- Coordinates campus affinity groups and works with faculty members, coaches and staff to support practice, competitions, events and group organizational needs.
- Facilitates the development of community within each group, the development of teamwork, group and self-responsibility and accountability to each other, and strong character values and the encouragement of self-discipline and time management for group and individual academic success.
- Manages the travel and schedules for affinity groups.
- Identifies, organizes, procures quality spirit wear and uniforms for affinity groups
- Ensures that affinity groups have the equipment, resources and necessary campus space available and appropriately scheduled.
- Supports Orientation each semester.
- In concert with the vice provosts, ensures affinity group branding, marketing and stories are developed against national benchmarks, shared in a variety of media channels for regional and national recognition.
- Participates in the life of the university by attending and participating in group and discipline meetings. Works with the faculty in the development of degree-appropriate big build groups in academic affairs and supports enrollment management initiatives for the recruitment of new students for each group.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be organized, a self-starter, high energy, student-focused, strong communication skills and awareness, and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the student experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Student Affairs.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of university Admissions.
- Knowledge of current NCAA, NCCS, NACE and other university-related rules and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience working a college or university environment.
- Cover Letter
- Resume or CV
- List of at least 3 professional references (names and contact information)
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- This position requires a criminal background check, which may include a Level II screening as required by Florida Statute §435.04.
- This position is subject to federal and state privacy regulations.