Director of AUM Wellness Center
Vacancy Number: S-00665 Position Title: Director of AUM Wellness Center Classification Title: Director Department: Wellness Center Employment Type: Full-Time Duties and Responsibilities:
The Wellness Center within the Division of Campus/Auxiliary Services at Auburn University at Montgomery is seeking a full-time Director of AUM Wellness Center. This position will serve as key leadership and oversee and manage professional staff and student leaders. Reporting to the Chief Campus Services Officer, the Director will oversee the daily operation, staffing, and strategic visioning for the Wellness Center. This individual will be a fundamental leader of the Wellness Center which is designed to provide the entire community with an opportunity to participate in a variety of activities such as aquatic programs, athletic training, fitness/wellness, outdoor recreation, special events, and other collaborative programs.
• Serve as a principal point of contact for coordination of the Wellness Center daily operations.
• Provide leadership and management of the development and operation of the Wellness Center facility management and services.
• Direct a diverse array of classes, educational workshops and specialty programs to engage a broad spectrum of students and members of the university community
• Hire, training, supervise, schedule, and evaluate assigned full time, part-time, and student staff in the Wellness Center.
• Oversee the maintenance of fitness equipment and wellness facilities. Facilitate the scheduling of maintenance equipment as needed.
• Collaborate with campus partners to avoid scheduling conflicts of the center.
• Ensure accurate preparation and maintenance of records for the department such as budget, participation numbers, membership counts, and other various reports.
• Establish policies that provide for the effective operation of the Wellness Center and support the strategic goals of the institution.
• Oversee the development and implementation of risk management procedures and protocols.
• Plan special recreation related events for students, faculty, and staff.
• Understand and represent the mission and vision of Auburn University at Montgomery.
• Grow activity offerings to reflect the university needs and industry trends.
• Other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge and expertise in individual and group training protocols and standards; current fitness trends; and anatomy/physiology.
• Experience in customer engagement and retention
• Experience in directing a revenue-generating department or business
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; great listening skills
• Excellent customer service
• Effective organizational, leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of computer programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and e-mail software).
• A working knowledge of financial operations.
A Bachelor’s degree in Recreation, Sports Management, Exercise Physiology, Health Education, Physical Education, or related field with 5 years’ proven experience working in recreation facility operations and/or management in a related field is required or a combination of education and a minimum of 10 years’ of progressive experience in recreation facility operations and/or management in a related field.
• Experience with Banner, Kronos, and
recreational management software is preferred.
• Experience in recreational programs and university or corporate health/fitness setting.
• American Red Cross cardiopulmonary resuscitation ( CPR ) and automated external defibrillation ( AED ) and First Aid certification are required. CPR / AED /First Aid/Lifeguard and Wilderness First Aid instructor certifications are preferred.
• Requires ability to work a flex schedule including days, nights, and weekends.
Job Open Date: 11/19/2020 This posting will remain open until closed: Yes Job Close Date: Salary Band: 108 Special Instructions to Applicants:
Auburn University at Montgomery is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity; therefore, we encourage applications from historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Additionally, the safety and security of our campus community is a top priority. All employees at AUM are considered to be Responsible Employees and have the duty to immediately report information that has the potential to adversely impact safety or wellness on our campus.
Auburn University at Montgomery reserves the right once interviewing has begun to stop accepting applications.
About the University/College
Auburn University at Montgomery is a SACSCOC -accredited, comprehensive public university in Alabama whose mission is to provide quality and diverse educational opportunities at the undergraduate and graduate levels through use of traditional and electronic delivery systems, and to foster and support an environment conducive to teaching, research, scholarship, and collaboration with government agencies, the community, and other educational institutions. AUM is ranked among the South’s top universities by U.S. News and World Report and was named one of the best colleges in the Southeast by The Princeton Review.
Founded in 1967 and located on a sprawling 500-acre campus, AUM’s core values include a student-centered experience; citizenship & community engagement; excellence as a standard; a commitment to constant improvement; diversity of people & perspective with a culture of inclusiveness; lifelong learning; and an environment of collaboration.
AUM offers its more than 5,000 students 90-plus fields of study at both the graduate and undergraduate levels within the colleges of: Liberal Arts and Social Sciences, Business, Education, Nursing and Health Sciences, and Sciences. As well there is a joint doctoral program with the main campus of Auburn University; a Doctor of Nursing Practice starting in Fall 2019; and several unique programs, unavailable anywhere else in the region, including Geographic Information Systems, Hospitality and Tourism, Homeland Security, and Cybersystems and Information Security. AUM’s dedicated 350 part- and full-time faculty members are distinguished academics and practitioners in their fields, committed to educating, developing and inspiring students. The student-to-faculty ratio is 15:1.
Quick Link https://www.jobs.aum.edu/postings/4487 Position Profile Link Applicant Documents
- Cover Letter
- Professional Reference Sheet
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology & Physical Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery