Adjunct Faculty - Personal Trainer
Position hours: Monday/Wednesday, 5:30 - 9 p.m. In-person. Prep work completed remotely.
Job Summary: Adjunct faculty are part-time (classroom or on-line) faculty hired to teach on a course by course basis. Develop and deliver Workforce Development course offerings specific to Personal Training.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelors Degree in Exercise Science, Physical Science or a related field.
Licensing Requirements: Required to be compliant with PA Child Protective Service Laws. For additional information, please visit https://hacc.edu/HumanResources/NewHire/index.cfm
The Equipment You'll Need:
It is HACC’s expectation that candidates selected for this role will provide their own technology equipment while working remotely.
Your own computer (Windows, Linux, or Macintosh desktop or laptop) with current web browser installed (Firefox, Edge, Safari, Chrome) https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/the-latest-version/
Access to broadband internet connection at all times during employment (DSL, 4G/LTE, FIOS, Satellite, or Cable/Xfinity/Comcast https://www.speedtest.net/
Equipment/technology which enables you to communicate synchronously during meetings and other events, such as USB Headset, speaker and microphone, captioning services, adaptive technology, assistive devices, etc.
If you are not able to meet the equipment requirements listed above and are selected for the role, you can request a special accommodation. Our ability to grant your request will be based on documented need and inventory availability
Hiring Range: Varies
- Experience as a Personal Trainer.
- Experience teaching curriculum in the areas of Personal Training, Exercise Science, Physical Science or a related field.
- ACSM Certification.
Job Specific Task List:
Job Type: Part-Time (less than 1,000 hours)
If part time, hours per week: up to 10
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.
Advertised: Nov 19, 2020 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Dec 06, 2020 Eastern Standard Time
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Harrisburg
- Education Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Harrisburg
- Other Education Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Harrisburg
- Health & Medicine Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Harrisburg
- Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology & Physical Education Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Harrisburg