OPS Lab Technician
OPS Lab Technician
The OPS laboratory technician will be responsible for managing the daily operations of the lab, performing a variety of standard laboratory tests and analyses including RNA expression analyses in culture cells and tissues, collecting and organizing data, and documenting the work performed.
- Perform molecular biology assays such as such as DNA and RNA
extractions and nucleic acid gels and blots; PCR, qRT-PCR; protein
expression, extraction, and purification; and immunological
analyses such as ELISAs, Western blots, and protein dot blots.
Maintain human cell lines and perform cell culture assays.
- Perform routine maintenance of laboratory equipment (including
but not limited to centrifuges, and water baths); preparation of
buffers, stock solutions and bacterial and cell culture media;
ordering supplies and stocking shelves, cleaning and organizing,
and ensuring that various as-needed tasks are performed. Will
maintain inventory system for keeping track of research samples,
kits, and reagents in the freezers and refrigerators; and will keep
an inventory of all chemicals and reagents in the lab. The OPS
laboratory technician will be trained on the shipping of biological
- Organize experimental data and maintain complete and accurate records of all experiments and procedures performed. Record all data in regulation laboratory notebook(s) on a daily basis or during and immediately after collection.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of the literature directly pertaining to the goals of the lab.
Starting salary is $15.00 - $20.00 per hour commensurate with education and experience.
Associate’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization or a high school diploma and two years of related experience. Appropriate college course work or vocational/ technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in related field. Some experience working in a laboratory. Special Instructions to Applicants:
This is a time-limited position.
Applications must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. of the posting end date.
Health Assessment Required: Yes
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge