Assistant Professor - Occupational Therapy, Graduate School
TheHenrietta Schmoll School of HealthatSt. Catherine
Universityinvites applications for anAssistant
Professorposition within theOccupational Therapy Graduate
Program. It is a full-time, rolling contract position scheduled
to begin the January term of 2020-2021.
Occupational Therapy uses the skills needed to learn, work, plan, socialize, sleep, and care for oneself and other to help people participate in life to their fullest potential. St. Catherine University is one of the few schools in the nation to offer a full array of OT programs at the associate, master’s and doctoral level. Join our team of award-winning faculty at St. Kate’s where we have a seventy-year history of excellence in OT education and leadership in the profession.
- Teach six graduate courses throughout the academic year,
including a combination of summer, fall and/or spring
- Communicate respectfully and build relationships of trust with
people of all cultures and abilities, affirming the worth and
preserving the dignity of individuals, families, and
- Design, teach, evaluate and revise course content to reflect
evidence-based practice and most current knowledge in the
- Teach in traditional classroom, online and hybrid
- Foster a culture of inclusive excellence through authentic
relationships with students as an educator, an advisor, and a
- Monitor and assess student-learning outcomes and provide timely
and frequent feedback to students on academic
- Develop an active program of research in their area of interest
and expertise to advance the discipline and inform classroom
teaching. Through this, collaborate with undergraduate students in
- Monitor curriculum content and make recommendations as
appropriate to maintain relevance.
- Effectively contribute to the highly collaborative work of the
- Consistent with the university’s Catholic identity, its commitment to women, diversity, inclusion, social justice, and dedication to a liberal arts based curriculum, faculty are expected to manifest these themes in their teaching, research, service and accomplishments.
St. Catherine University in St. Paul/Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a comprehensive Catholic university and home to one of the nation’s largest colleges for women, with associate and graduate programs for all genders. Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1905, the University integrates liberal arts and professional education within the Catholic traditions of intellectual inquiry and social teaching. Committed to excellence and opportunity, St. Catherine enrolls nearly 5,000 students in certificate, associate, baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral programs in traditional day and evening/weekend/online formats.
- Doctoral degree
- Must be eligible for licensure in Minnesota withNBCOTcertification
- ABDwill be considered but degree must be completed shortly after start.
- Teaching experience at the master’s or doctoral
- Experience in pediatrics, kinesiology, program evaluation, client education programming and/or mental health practice.
We seek creative, adaptable staff who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity, multicultural understanding, and cultural fluency. Consistent with the university’s commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their experience and service.EEO Statement
St. Catherine University is an equal opportunity employer. Our commitment to inclusion reflects the central value of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet to “love of neighbor without distinction” and provides a learning and working environment that is enriched by the diversity of all our members. Individuals of religious, racial, ethnic, gender identity, nation of origin, or disability groups that have traditionally had less representation in higher education are encouraged to apply. Should you need an interview accommodation please contact us at email@example.com or 651-690-6565.Application instructions for FACULTY
Visit https://stcatherine.peopleadmin.com to apply. Three
references and successful completion of a background check will be
required for employment. For information, contact Stephanie de Sam
Lazaro at 651-690-6622. Application deadline is December 15, 2020.
Review of applications will begin December 1, 2020 and priority
will be given to those applications.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace / Tobacco Free Workplace
Our university is a proud member of the Upper MidwestHERCand is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- *What is your highest level of
- Some high school
- High school diploma or GED
- Some college
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Some graduate school
- Master's degree
- Professional degree (e.g., JD, MD)
- Doctoral degree
- *Are you eligible for licensure in
Minnesota and NBCOT certification?
- *Do you have experience teaching
students at the master's or doctoral level?
- *Are you presently legally authorized
to work in the United States for any U.S. employer? Please be aware
that St. Catherine University is only able to consider candidates
who are authorized to work in the United States.
- *St. Catherine University welcomes
applications from candidates who are traditionally
under-represented. We are happy to consider candidates who are
currently in possession of a temporary work visa, however, please
be aware that we do not offer employment visa sponsorship. Will you
now or in the future require an employer to sponsor you for an
employment-based visa/status in the U.S. (e.g. H-1B status)?
- *Can you perform the essential
functions of this position with or without accommodation?
- *How did you hear about this
- St. Catherine University website
- St. Catherine University employee
- Academic Jobs
- American College Personnel Association (ACPA)
- Association of Catholic Colleges/Universities
- Association of Student Affairs at Catholic Colleges and Universities
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- College or University website
- Council of Independent Colleges
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- Google Jobs
- Higher Education Case Managers Association (HECMA)
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Hispanic Outlook on Education Magazine
- Inside Higher Ed
- Insight Into Diversity
- Latinos in Higher Ed
- LGBTQ in Higher Education
- Minnesota College Professionals Association
- Minnesota Council of Nonprofits
- MinnesotaWorks.net/Minnesota Workforce Center
- Minority Jobs
- NAFSA: Association of International Educators
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA)
- National Conference on Race and Ethnicity (NCORE)
- People of Color in Higher Education
- Pioneer Press
- Pollen Midwest
- Saint Paul Chamber of Commerce (SPACC)
- Star Tribune
- Twin Cities Senior Student Affairs Officers listserv
- Women in Higher Education
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document 1
- Other Document 2
- Professional Reference Contact Information
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Education Administration & Leadership Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Other Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Special Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul