Instructional Designer 3 - (STA006675)
Advise university faculty in the application of complex instructional design principles and educational technology to develop courses. Provides expertise to facilitate instructional initiatives and supervise staff.
- Primary subject matter expert and provide consultation and support for faculty and staff.
- Investigate, propose, and participate in decision making for the purchase of new software and technology.
- Troubleshoot technical and operational issues of technology-based programs.
- Develops and conducts training of faculty on new academic software and technology.
- Research and assist faculty in the development of new and innovative teaching experiences.
- Present and represent University instructional designers at conferences.
- Collaborate with and assist internal and system-wide instructional designers.
- Will be responsible to update the College's social media and website.
- Assist the College Faculty and Staff with UH and CON artwork, ads and logos.
- Perform other job-related duties as required.
Masters and 5 years experience
Requires application of advanced principles, techniques and theory in a professional discipline or a thorough general business management knowledge. Knowledge of this level is typically obtained through a directly job-related Master's degree or equivalent formal training in a recognized field of specialization that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Requires a minimum of five (5) years of directly job-related experience.
Additional Job Posting Information:
-Work location will based at UH at Sugar Land.
There will be travel to UH Main and to UH at Katy for other College of Nursing operating areas.
-Will accept experience in lieu of education.
Notes to Applicant: Work location will based at UH at Sugar Land. There will be travel to UH Main and to UH at Katy for other College of Nursing operating areas.