Program Outreach & Education Coordinator - (STA006678)
Serves as coordinator for community outreach and education for a program in a center or college.Job Duties
- Work closely with program leaders to implement program specific directives.
- Assist with expansion of consumer participation and recruitment strategies.
- Interview/recruit consumers in the target community to determine needs.
- Provide assistance to case management.
- Provide community outreach and education based on program guidelines.
- Track and compile client questionnaires for central intake.
- Refer clients to community resources and provide application assistance when necessary.
- Record and prepare reports as required by program standards.
- May conduct home visits and/or necessary one-on-one consultations.Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelors and 1 year experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.Requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly job-related experience.
Additional Job Posting Information:
· Assist with recruitment strategies for men (as needed) and pregnant women, women of childbearing age, and women with children under the age of 18 months old.
· Assist in identifying strategies to increase first trimester recruitment
· Provide community-based counseling and aid to consumers and their families requiring maternal and child health assistance.
· Interview consumers in the target community to determine needs associated with maternal and child health; secure medical/psychological information and social factors contributing to gaps in services.
· Disseminate Maternal/Child Health information in the target community.
· Counsel and aid consumers and their families requiring maternal and child health assistance.
· Interview consumers in the target community to determine needs associated with maternal and child health.
· Secure information such as medical, psychological, and social factors contributing to gaps in services provided to consumer.
· Assist with the expansion of consumer participation for the UH Healthy Start Community Action Network (CAN).
· Conduct home visitation when necessary.
· Compile records and prepare reports.
· Counsel client individually, in family, or in small groups regarding plans for meeting needs.
· Aid clients to mobilize inner capacities and environmental resources to improve social functioning.
· Refer clients to medical homes, community resources and other organizations to service duplication.
· Candidate with devote 50% of the weekly schedule to conducting Outreach and Recruitment activities on behalf of the Healthy Start program; and will devote 50% of the weekly schedule to providing Coordinated Care Case Management services to UH Healthy Start participants enrolled into the program.
Preferred Education -
Bachelor's Degree from four-year College or University in Social Work, or other related field; four years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
Preferred Qualifications/Prerequisites for the position.
· Experience with low-income families and in the area of Maternal and Child Health
· Knowledge and expertise in family assessments.
· Knowledge of maternal and child health concepts and current trends; psychosocial and family assessment; experience in working with targeted population, community organizations, and coordinating events.
· Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
· Master's degree preferred but not required. Licensed Social Worker preferred.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
· Reliable transportation required.
· Computer literate- Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Social Work & Human Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston