Director/Instructional Designer of GEER Grant
Position Director/Instructional Designer of GEER Grant Full Time/Part Time Full Time Job Type Term Appointment Position Summary
The Program Director/Instructional Designer:
Leads the build out of three foundational modules that cross all TLSS concentrations, one capstone module for credit bearing programming and eight concentration specific modules to include integration of user satisfaction and growth metrics, manages one additional instructional designer, two instructional coaches, partnership advisory councils and works with Brightspace to ensure the MOOC is active and productive. Works with NMHU’s Director of Alternative Licensure to ensure a smooth migration of programming to Curriculum & Instruction in year two of the grant. Supports badging integration into IHE consortium partner institutions in year two of the grant.
Will be responsible for working collaboratively with Faculty in the planning, designing, developing, documenting, and reviewing courses in different delivery modalities (online, blended, synchronous, asynchronous, interactive web applications and technologies). The IDS will collaborate with Project Teams, subject matter experts, librarians, professors, and the Center for Teaching Excellence ( CTE ). Term appointment is contingent upon continued funding to occur on an annual fiscal year basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Program Director/Instructional Designer is responsible for:
- Meetings, schedules and calendars with TLSS partners and advisories to ensure project deadlines are met;
- Oversight of services and projects in collaboration with ITS and Distance Learing Staff;
- Development of a coaches guide to use in the field with clients;
- Reporting regular updates to the Dean of the School of Education and Governor’s Office;
- Serves as a contact for public and private schools or agencies to ensure communication and collaboration during the course development and to ensure adherence to University procedures;
- Under the direct supervision of the School of Education Dean, is assigned to the School of Education at New Mexico Highlands University;
- The individual plays a central role in being a liaison and providing support to the Dean, the Department of Curriculum & Instruction, and to other Administrative Staff in the School of Education;
- Works independently as well as part of a team;
- Adapts and designs synchronous and asynchronous courses, which include instructional strategies for educational technology and creative pedagogy;
- Conducts needs analysis, course development, and evaluation skills;
- Will work collaboratively with faculty/subject experts to assist them in the development of various multimedia elements;
- Utilizes authoring tools such as Articulate 360 to create SCORM compliant units of learning to teach and track professional development opportunities provided for faculty, staff, and students as needed;
- Utilizes instructional design models such as SAM, ADDIE, and Design-Based Thinking to ensure excellence in the analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation of online course content and delivery;
- Applies a course development rubric for quality an consistency of NMHU courses;
- Will schedule regular weekly training sessions utilizing NMHU approved and supported technologies and applications for teaching in all modalities;
- Supports the daily operations through instructional technologies such as learning management systems, web conferencing software, and multimedia development;
- Documents all faculty assistance writes instructional development plans, and status updates;
- Remains up-to-date on developments in the online learning and related technology fields;
- Collaborates with the Center for Teaching Excellence ( CTE );
- Assists in the development and implementation of online learning and other related initiatives
- Provides on-going mentoring sessions for faculty as needed;
- Maintains regular attendance, and
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
Education: Master’s Degree in Instructional Design or closely related Education field.
- Two (2) years in instructional design, experience in developing courses (synchronous, asynchronous).
- Experience with e-Learning technology platforms and learning management systems.
- Teaching experience at the college level.
- Familiarity with Quality Matters.
Special Conditions for Eligibility Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of University environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 Suite, Learning Management Systems, ZOOM, and Respondus.
- Knowledge of computers, office equipment, and computer programs.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to interact professionally with faculty and program staff.
- Ability to utilize independent judgement.
- Ability to work with minimal direction and supervision
- Repetitive hand motions and prolonged use of computer.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to forty (40) pounds.
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
- Work is normally performed in an office or training lab environment.
- Occasional travel required.
Pay Rate $75,000.00 Work Location/Campus Center Multi Campus/Center Locations EEO Statement
New Mexico Highlands University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. We are committed to the University values of diversity, accessibility, excellence, and responsiveness.
For disabled access or services call 505-454-3242 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the link below for more information regarding affirmative action and equal opportunity:
Equal Employment Opportunity is THE LAW
Posting Number AS438P Open Date 11/19/2020 Close Date Open Until Filled Special Instructions to Applicant
A complete online application must include:
1) Letter of interest/cover letter that highlights relevant knowledge, skills, and abilities;
3) Names, telephone numbers and e-mail address if three (3) professional supervisory references in the online application, and
4) Copies of unofficial transcripts.
Candidates who are invited for on-campus or Zoom interviews will be required to submit official transcripts. References will be contacted in conjunction with on-campus interview. Upload required materials with online application. For disabled access or services, call (505) 454-3242 or contact Human Resources at email@example.com NMHU IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER .
Quick Link http://nmhu.peopleadmin.com/postings/6222 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of
- Are you available to work in the evening (6 pm to 10 pm)?
- Are you available to work weekends?
- Cover Letter/ Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcripts Conferring Required Degree
- Letter(s) of Recommendation
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Las Vegas
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Las Vegas
- Instructional Technology & Design Not specified Full Time jobs in Las Vegas
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Las Vegas
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Las Vegas