DATA WAREHOUSE DEVELOPER I
DATA WAREHOUSE DEVELOPER I
Posting Number: SRGV4757
Number of Vacancies: 2
Location: Rio Grande Valley
Department: IT Enterprise Systems
Scope of Job:
Provides routine data warehouse support functions and fundamental tasks including analysis, design, development, and implementation to achieve various functional components of the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) including ETL (Extract, Transform, and Load) tools to extract data from source systems, perform data integrity and cleansing, load automations, and business intelligence reporting.
Description of Duties:
• Assists with developing, testing, configuring, optimizing, documenting, and deploying database components needed for ETL application layers of the data warehouse while adhering to the Software Development Lifecycle standards.
• Installs, configures, troubleshoots, and maintains data warehouse systems.
• Assists with maintenance of the mapping logic to ETL data sets from a variety of sources systems to the data warehouse dimensional model (star schemas).
• Assists with the management of the data models and data maps for data warehouse system.
• Assists with managing the Data Warehouse processes to ensure interoperability and security of data warehouse systems.
• Plans and coordinates database roll-outs with extended team members.
• Provides support, maintenance, monitoring, troubleshooting, and resolution for data warehouse and database processes.
• Provides support and technical expertise to end-users who create complex queries and reports.
• Works closely with other team members and product owners to understand, document, and design database and ETL processes.
• Develops and supports customer facing reporting, data visualizations, and analytics.
• Assists with analyzing business/data requirements, writing metadata definitions, and writing data mapping specifications.
• Assists with executing judgment/decisions that pertain to the scope of the assignment or project and supports the software development lifecycle.
• Assists with technical research to keep job knowledge up to date to ensure the most feasible technical solution is proposed.
• Researches and evaluates software, system upgrades and enhancements, and provides technical recommendations.
• Contributes ideas and suggestions during team and/or functional meetings.
• Documents solutions using an industry standard technical document format.
• Maintains documentation and performs routine systems administration maintenance activities.
• Researches and incorporates the use of new software tools and languages as necessary to fulfill department needs and objectives.
• Collaboratively works with the Data Warehouse (DW) team members including the DW architect and DW analyst.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Special supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or a Computer related major from an accredited university.
ITIL Foundation Certification or obtain within one year of hire.
Two (2) years of experience in the various aspects of software development in one or more software languages in a structured environment using common software industry practices, which include the phases of analysis, design, development, testing and/or implementation. Experienced in relational databases including data warehousing, analytics and reporting.
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. UTRGV is a distributed institution, which requires presence at multiple locations throughout the Rio Grande Valley. Work is performed primarily in a general office environment across the Rio Grande Valley.
Possess resourcefulness and creative thinking skills for problem resolution. Possess analytical skills to effectively and accurately identify problem code. Good written and verbal communication skills. Possess technical research skills (technical manuals and resources). Work effectively as an individual and as a team. Possess technical writing skills for documentation.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 11/19/2020
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956)665-2451 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/26492