Posting Number: SRGV4758
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: School of Medicine / Internal Medicine
Scope of Job:
To provide support and assist with the overall administration and development of specific department programs.
Description of Duties:
• Assists with program planning and implementation.
• Compiles, sorts, and organizes data for entry into database.
• Distributes program information and conducts program research.
• Initiates, develops and sustains strong positive relations with stakeholders to ensure achievement of the mission and goals of the department and/or college.
• May track and report on current trends to determine future program needs.
• Assists in preparing reports on the status of the program, including state of development, proposals, budget variances, or other documents as required for the program.
• Assists in the coordination of events, including but not limited to, lectures, lectures series, workshops, meetings, and short courses.
• Greets visitors and communicates with customer, employees, and other individuals to answer questions, disseminate and/or explain information.
• May maintain financial records, including reconciliation of department accounts.
• Assists in the creation and distribution of program materials, forms, and general correspondence.
• May provide program specific training.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Special supervision from assigned supervisor.
High school diploma or equivalent.
• Three (3) years of general office experience or other applicable experience related to the program, or
• One (1) year of the required experience with an Associate’s degree or 60 college credit hours.
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work may be required.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite. Excellent customer service and communication skills. Capacity to multitask under pressure and respond professionally to all inquiries. Ability to interact in a professional manner with faculty, staff, students and the public. Ability to exercise judgment and collaborate effectively in the solution of practical program relating to office operations and data collection.
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 11/18/2020
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please visit our Careers site at https://careers.utrgv.edu for detailed contact information.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/26487