Coordinator, Academic Affairs Office
Coordinator, Academic Affairs Office
Athens State University
Closing Date: 1/6/2021
The Coordinator for the Academic Affairs Office coordinates and performs administrative support tasks of a highly complex and confidential nature with accuracy; takes an active role in developing processes and systems for the operation of the Office of Academic Affairs; attends graduation events assisting with ceremony and provides guidance as needed; ensures smooth and efficient daily office operations and serves as a resource to faculty, staff and students.
- Monitor academic policies and ensure compliance related to
faculty workload assignments; assist with development of academic
policies as needed
- Collect and maintain documentation for academic credential
files for full-time faculty and adjunct instructors
- Develop and maintain coding for faculty instructional,
non-instructional and workload assignment records in Banner;
prepare faculty workload reports each semester; use the faculty
workload information to assist college deans with faculty overload
determination; prepare overload employment agreements as
- Prepare adjunct instructor employment agreements and provide
list to payroll; maintain appropriate files
- Work in conjunction with College Deans and Human Resource
Office in preparation of full-time faculty summer
- Collect information and analyze data related to the Office of
Academic Affairs for various reports required for Board of
- Serve as recorder for Board of Trustees' Academic Affairs
- Monitor associated ACHE deadlines and procedures; assist with
program development and other reports for submission
- Execute various Commencement support tasks (e.g. schedule
planning meetings and work with other offices to confirm details
for ceremony, confirm photographer and videographer, work with
honor marshals and faculty marshals on process, communicate
information to students and campus, attend each ceremony and ensure
ceremony runs smoothly)
- Coordinate Academic Honors and Awards Convocation and manage
process of selection for Honors and Awards (gather data and
disseminate to departments/colleges; collect award recipient
information, prepare certificates)
- Maintain faculty records pertaining to promotion, tenure and
mid-tenure review as confirmed by college deans; provide time line
and dates to deans as necessary
- Assist Provost/VPAA and college deans with determining minimum
promotion eligibility requirements; prepare and send notifications
to eligible faculty members in April.
- Process undergraduate and graduate Curriculum Review Requests
(CRR) approvals, maintain CRR process log and assist with
clarification and implementation information needs for the Office
of the Registrar
- Maintain Access Athens Course Master List, collect fee
information from bookstore, determine courses/CRNs for Access
Athens per term, input fees into Banner for Access Athens
- Maintain Quality Matters Course certification records; monitor
budget and process stipend requests and travel award
- Monitor Budget information for all areas reporting to the
Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Maintain security of confidential information, files and
- Assign tasks to secretary and work study student as
- Assist students with questions and issues concerning classes
and academic policies
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing work scope
and tasks based on need
- Actively work towards building cooperative and collaborative
relationships with peers and internal faculty and staff.
- Maintain “open door” to internal and external
- Identify opportunities for improvements to work practices and
offers viable solutions for implementation
- Proactively engage in problem solving related to tasks in this
position with internal and external people
- Routinely practice self-monitoring by assessing self to make
improvements or take corrective action to improve
- Complete other tasks as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
• Minimum of five-years administrative/managerial experience (preferably in an educational setting)
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
• Experience with the Banner Student system and coding for faculty and schedule records, preferred
• Above average time-management skills and multi-tasking skills
• Exceptional organizational skills, critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications; especially Word and Excel
• Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively to complete complex assignments quickly and with a high level of accuracy, confidentiality, and professionalism
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of the policies for ACHE and Athens State University; familiarity with accreditation issues
• Thorough understanding of databases and database functions including the retrieval of data to develop reports
Salary Band: P285
To view salary schedules, visit:
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Unofficial transcripts should be from the college or university which verifies minimum qualifications for the position. Upon an offer of employment, official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended must be submitted. Continued employment is contingent upon receipt of transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
Please provide contact information for three professional references on your application.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://jobs.athens.edu/postings/search
About Athens State University
Located in historic Athens, Alabama, Athens State University offers junior and senior-level coursework to community college graduates and transfer students holding sufficient credits from other institutions. Presently, over 3,100 students have selected Athens State because of its neighborly environment where 50 majors and degree programs are offered, with courses taught by a supportive and exceptional faculty. Approximately 80% of the students are enrolled in at least one online course. The typical student is a working adult who commutes. Recently, the University was featured in the 2015 Best Value Online College Rankings by OnlineU.org for four online programs including computer science, accounting, education and human resources. The University offers undergraduate degree programs in Liberal Arts, Teacher Preparation, and Business. The University employs more than 350 full and part-time employees with approximately 90 full-time faculty members in three colleges: College of Arts and Sciences, College of Business, and College of Education. Seventy-five percent of the full-time faculty members hold a terminal degree. The University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
Athens, Alabama is located in north Alabama equidistant between Nashville, TN and Birmingham, AL. Athens is home to several events and festivals that have been featured as the Southeast Tourism Society’s “Top 20 Events in the Southeast” including the Athens Storytelling Festival and the Tennessee Valley Old Time Fiddlers Convention.
In accordance with Athens State University Policy and guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a consent form for a criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon the receipt of a clearance notification from that criminal background check.
Non-Discrimination Policy Statement Athens State University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. Athens State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability, religion, genetic information, or veteran status in employment, or admissions to or participation in educational programs and activities. Inquiries or concerns may be addressed to the Office of the Vice President of Enrollment and Student Support Services, 300 N. Beaty St., Athens, AL 35611, 256- 233-8175.