Network Engineer 1
University of Idaho
Network Engineer 1
Employee Category: Exempt
Pay Range: $50,960.00 annually or higher depending on experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The Network Engineer 1 provides mission critical, enterprise network and security services, including design, planning, procurement, provisioning, monitoring, troubleshooting, and consulting, for multiple campuses across the state. The Network Engineer engages with equipment vendors and service providers to address design questions and escalate support problems.
• Experience in enterprise network operations.
• Experience identifying and solving data network problems.
• Experience with installing, administering, and configuring switches, routers, and wireless access points.
• Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science or a related field).
• Experience interacting with users to identify requirements and resolve network problems.
• Experience working cooperatively and communicating effectively with management and colleagues.
• Demonstrated record of delivering quality customer service and communicating effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Knowledge of structured wiring systems and standards.
• Knowledge of network technologies such as TCP/IP, Ethernet and Wireless LAN protocols.
• Experience working with network firewalls, and Virtual Private Networks (VPNs).
• Network engineering or design certification (CNNA, CCNP, etc.).
• A good knowledge of industry trends and hardware and software.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
• Ability to lift, carry, and/or otherwise move items weighing approximately 50 pounds; climb ladders, bend, stoop, and stand for extended periods.
• Ability to respond to emergency calls outside business hours, including evenings and weekends, in a reasonable time.
• Ability to implement planned network maintenance outside business hours, including evenings and weekends.
Posting Number: SP002647P
Posting Date: 11/18/2020
Closing Date: 12/2/2020
Open Until Filled: No
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.