University of Idaho
Division/College: College of Engineering
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $19.57 per hour or higher depending on experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
To provide financial support for the NASA Idaho Space Grant Consortium (ISGC) and Idaho NASA EPSCoR (INE). The employee will perform a variety of financial operations with a high level of accuracy including, but not limited to: processing financial transactions and documents such as invoices; setting up and monitoring spending on grants and sub-awards to ensure compliance with proposed budgets and cost share; assisting with budget development and monitoring for ISGC and INE grants; resolving problems that arise from reviewing financial transactions; gathering and processing information for specialized reports; providing financial reports to management staff; and assisting with human resource documents and processes. The position also ensures compliance with federal, state, University of Idaho, and NASA policies and procedures and explaining those policies procedures to unit staff and sub-awardees as needed.
• Experience with accounting and accounting management systems;
• Experience in: accurately maintaining accounts; analyzing and interpreting financial information; developing financial reports; researching and analyzing data; making financial projections; monitoring budgets including allocating funds, expenditures and reconciling accounts;
• Experience with using computer software and applications for word processing, developing spreadsheets, email and internet research;
• Experience editing and writing business correspondence using proper grammar and punctuation as demonstrated in application materials;
• Experience with organizing and prioritizing work independently;
• Experience working on deadline-driven tasks;
• Must be a U.S. Citizen.
• B.S. degree in accounting or some college level accounting courses (or equivalent experience);
• Experience using any or all of the following - Banner, Argos, Stellent, Chrome River, Excel, and Microsoft Word;
• Experience in a higher education setting, preferably through past educational or work experiences;
• Knowledge of grant and contract administration (both pre- and post-award);
• Experience working with a diverse group of people, including the public, faculty, staff, and K-12/informal education providers, etc.;
• Experience working with collaboration platforms such as Smartsheet and Microsoft Teams;
• Experience working as part of a team.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Sitting at a computer for extended period of time. Ability to carry small packages received in the mail.
Posting Number: SP002585P
Posting Date: 09/08/2020
Open Until Filled: Yes
Preference will be given to applications received by Tuesday, September 22, 2020.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.