Adjunct Clinical Nursing Faculty
CLOSING DATE: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Initial review of applications will begin on Friday, November 20th; to guarantee consideration, applications should be submitted by the initial review date.
APPOINTMENT DATE: January 11,
SALARY: $1,200 per credit
JOB TYPE: Adjunct for Spring semester 2021
Credential Field: Nursing, Clinical AD 500196
Great things are happening at Northwest Technical College where student success is our priority! Bemidji is a big small town located in a dynamic regional center with growth noted in academics, industry, employment, and tourism.
Come and join our team and our community with flexible employment and growth opportunities with our Associate of Science Nursing Program. This position requires working during the day shift; however, teaching hours may vary from 4 to 10 hours per day and 1 to 4 days per week.
- Teach Associate of Science nursing students in their medical-surgical clinical or long-term care clinical.
- Engage in the established curriculum and course outlines.
- Strive to incorporate evidence-based practice and participate in continual quality improvement.
- Maintain and submit necessary student records according to published guideline.
- Participate in professional development.
- Contribute to a program of scholarship, student advising, and service to the College and community.
- Work cooperatively with individuals/groups in various agency settings.
- Enjoy the opportunity to participate in college governance, committees, and accreditation.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: (To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that your application / resume clearly demonstrate fulfillment of the following minimum qualifications.)
- Education Requirement:
- Baccalaureate Degree in nursing.
- Occupational Experience Requirement:
- 4 full-time years (or equivalent) of verified related paid work experience as a registered nurse.
- Recency Requirement:
- One year of this work experience shall be within the 5 years immediately preceding the date of application for the credential field. The recency requirement shall be waived if the individual has 2 years of successful full-time (or equivalent) postsecondary teaching experience in the credential field within the last 5years.
- Professional Requirement:
- Current Minnesota Registered Nurse (RN) license.
- Previous teaching experience in medical surgical or long-term care clinical.
- Experience with D2L BrightSpace.
- Experience in simulation education.
- Experience with nursing accreditation (ACEN).
- Experience working with American Indian communities and/or other underrepresented and underserved groups.
- All applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States at the time of an offer of employment.
- Official transcript(s) must be provided to Human Resources upon hire.
- Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Minnesota State College Faculty (MSCF) – see agreement.
- BSU and NTC are tobacco free workplaces (see policy).
APPLY ONLINE: https://ntcmn.peopleadmin.com/
A complete application will include the following attachments:
- Cover letter, which addresses the required qualifications and specific interest in working at Northwest Technical College.
- Current Resume/Curriculum Vitae.
- Names and contact information for three (3) people who can provide a professional reference.
- Unofficial transcript(s) of all undergraduate and graduate coursework.
Michele Brielmaier, Dean of Nursing and Human Services
Northwest Technical College
Teresa Hanson, Human Resources Specialist
COLLEGE / COMMUNITY: Northwest Technical College is in Bemidji Minnesota in Northern Minnesota. The greater Bemidji community has a population of 25,000 and serves as a regional center for education, commerce, recreation, health care, and the arts. Bemidji State University, a partner institution, and Northwest Technical College welcome 6,000 students annually. Northwest Tech offers hands on learning in Business, Health Care, Manufacturing, Transportation, and General Education. As a partner in Distance Minnesota, the College is engaged in innovative distance education with most its programs offered online in addition to on campus. Northwest Technical College is a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System (MnState) http://www.mnscu.edu. To learn more about the student-centered environment at Northwest Technical College, visit: www.ntcmn.edu.
In this Northwoods setting, students, staff, and faculty have a variety of activities at their fingertips. Possessing all the charm and character of a college town, Bemidji remains a tight-knit community of good neighbors and engaged citizens. While the city of Bemidji — named after the Ojibwe Chief Shaynowishkung (nicknamed Bemidji) — is home to a diverse population of more than 15,000 people, it serves a regional population of more than 100,000.
Located between three American Indian reservations – Leech Lake, Red Lake and White Earth, students have an opportunity to experience a dynamic local culture and history. Bemidji also sits at the center of the legends of Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox. The famous statues of Paul and Babe greet students as they drive along Lake Bemidji.
Though quaint and historic, the city offers the urban conveniences upon which college students rely. Northwest Technical College is conveniently located minutes away from affordable restaurants, cozy coffee shops, grocery stores, city parks and more. Small, locally owned shops and art sculptures line the streets of downtown Bemidji, while national chains can be found in and around the Bemidji area, including an uptown selection of department stores and restaurants.
The thriving downtown community presents ample opportunities for engagement off-campus. Among other things, there are fine-dining restaurants, cafes, and a natural foods co-op in downtown Bemidji. The historic Paul Bunyan Playhouse has a calendar of classic shows; restaurants and lounges offer weekly live music performances; the First Friday Art Walk provides a tour of new monthly art exhibits; and annual events such as the Loop the Lake Festival, the Dragon Boat Festival, the Blue Ox Marathon, Bemidji Winterfest, and The Minnesota Finlandia bring the community together.
For those who love the outdoors, there are wooded, multi-use trail systems within minutes of campus and community parks with walking trails, playgrounds and a skate park. Lake Bemidji State Park and its miles of navigable trails is located directly across the lake from BSU, and the Buena Vista Ski Area — just 12 miles north of town — offers downhill skiing and BSU-sponsored student transportation in the winter months. Further, the Mississippi River Headwaters is a mere 45 minutes from Bemidji.
Review a "special report on how this former lumber town has rebuilt itself as a high-speed, regional center of enterprise" at Bemidji 2.0