Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages a recruitment territory- including travel, literature drop offs, college fairs (in person and virtual), information sessions, high school visits, electronic outreach, scholarship award and signing ceremonies, etc.
- Responsible for building and maintaining relationships with students, parents, and high school counselors and principals in assigned territory. This includes in person and electronic communications with a specific focus on assigned target high schools, community colleges and S.T.E.A.M. populations.
- Give presentations (virtually or in person both on and off campus) to prospective K-8, high school and community college groups.
- Tracks all interactions with prospective students in CRM and Banner such as phone-a-thons, missing documents or “seal the deal” calls to be included in daily activity report.
- Counsels ineligible students on educational alternatives and explains negative admission decisions.
- Updates student records upon request such as address, phone number, email, etc.
- Develops and maintains an up-to-date understanding of Central State University’s academic programs, curriculum, and degree requirements, including program-to-program and general articulation agreements.
- Adheres to university recruiting and admission guidelines and standards and adheres to provisions set forth in the National Association of College Admission Counseling Standards and Principles of Good Practice.
- Collaborates with access partners and educators to track students through the application and enrollment process, including, as needed, updates on applicant status and guidance regarding fees, housing, financial aid, health records and new student orientation.
- Provides incoming students with enrollment services including recruiting, scholarship information, basic financial aid counseling, and appropriate service referrals.
- Implements and assists with specific diversity initiatives that enhance the recruitment, and retention of students including outreach events activities to increase diversity recruitment.
- Performs guided tours and provides assistance with all on campus tours on an as-needed basis especially if student or group is in the assigned territory.
- Work collaboratively with other departments on events, programs, or recruitment as needed.
- Perform other related admissions/recruitment duties as assigned.
- This position requires extensive travel to the community colleges, school districts, and college access organizations. Office arrangements may be based on successful applicants’ locations and demands of the University/communities.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience working in a team-oriented approach within a complex organization and experience serving diverse populations is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible admissions or related higher education experience.
- Banner-familiar; technically proficient, including Microsoft Office 365 as well as social media and other emerging technologies.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including report writing.
- Self-starting, able to work independently and remotely while maintaining a high level of professionalism, productivity, integrity and pleasant demeanor.
- Understands and committed to the University’s core mission and strategic priorities.
- A valid driver’s license is required. Ability to perform evening, overnight and weekend travel as required.
- Master’s Degree
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- Familiarity with Ohio Transfer Module and associated practices
- Familiarity with S.T.E.A.M. and experience with working with students from a wide variety of ethnic backgrounds.