Director of Development for Athletics
Randolph-Macon College invites applications for a full-time Director of Development for Athletics. This individual will be responsible for the engagement, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors to support the athletic programs at the College.
Founded in 1830, Randolph-Macon has approximately 1600 students and is located in Ashland, VA, a residential community 15 miles north of Richmond and 90 miles south of Washington D.C. Randolph-Macon College, an Equal Opportunity Employer, believes students learn best in a diverse, inclusive community and is therefore committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. We welcome applications from members of underrepresented populations.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Identifies, cultivates and solicits prospective major gift donors, in order to raise significant and specific support for the College’s operating, endowment, or capital athletic priorities.
- Implements a comprehensive, systematic solicitation program to achieve Yellow Jacket Club (annual giving) fundraising goals.
- Coordinates and oversees all mass solicitation efforts (mail, digital, or otherwise) for athletics.
- Oversees all Yellow Jacket Club Athletic donor events.
- Manage the Yellow Jacket Club Board and fosters the efforts of YJC volunteers.
- Creates marketing and promotions plan for each athletic corporate sponsor.
- Coordinates with the Sports Information Director to develop an integrated communications plan for all athletic donors and fans.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- At least 3-4 years of proven successful fundraising and event management or comparable experience, preferably in higher education.
- Strong interpersonal and organizations skills with the ability to recruit and motivate volunteers, and an understanding and excitement about the process of solicitation and relationship-building through cultivation.
- Flexibility and a willingness to travel and work extended hours, including some nights and weekends.
To apply: Please complete an online application at https://bit.ly/rmc1263 to include uploading a resume, letter of interest, and contact information for three professional references addressed to: Sharon Jackson, Director of Human Resources. Screening of applications will begin immediately.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Ashland
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Ashland
- Development & Advancement Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Ashland
- Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Ashland
- Athletics Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Ashland