Continuing Education Marketing Manager
- Develop, present and oversee the execution of an integrated marketing communications plan that provides consistent and effective messaging aimed at enhancing awareness of continuing education programs, including apprenticeship programs, reaching targeted audiences, and evaluating effectiveness of execution. Develop aggressive marketing plans for recruiting students and attracting repeat and best customers, while maintaining a positive/consistent image for HCC and expanding awareness of and preference for HCC. Assess new market venues.
- Work with individual continuing education programs to determine opportunities, threats, strengths and weaknesses; determine measurable marketing goals and objectives; identify target audiences; oversee the design of promotional campaigns utilizing effective media mixes in collaboration with the college's comprehensive public relations and marketing efforts; manage campaigns in conjunction with external vendors; oversee the execution of plans and evaluate.
- Establish and maintain marketing metrics, assess outcomes, and adjust strategy as needed. Stay abreast of new marketing and communications practices, technologies, and advancements and provide leadership in implementing new practices or modifying existing practices.
- Serve as the managing editor of continuing education's key publications and materials and collaborate with the public relations and marketing office on the development and production, including writing, design and production.
- Assist with budget development and planning for continuing education marketing, in collaboration with the associate vice president of continuing education and workforce development. Develop the the marketing portion of the continuing education budget and marketing dollars from program's cost centers as required.
- Provide guidance and direction on the development of new web content created for continuing education programs in collaboration with public relations and marketing and IT staff. Oversee continuing education webpages.
- Manage the development of mass emails deployed regularly to promote continuing education programs using email marketing software or through third-party vendors.
- Manage content strategy and planning for continuing education's social media accounts. Collaborate with public relations and marketing staff on tactical implementation and scheduling content.
- Oversee the production of promotional videos in partnership with the College's video production team. Draft and edit scripts as needed.
- Provide leadership in maintaining continuing education initiatives and programs prominently within college branding efforts. Provide editorial guidance for continuing education information featured in College publications.
- Assist with writing press releases and developing media pitch ideas about continuing education programs, including apprenticeship programs. Share with public relations and marketing staff for promotion.
- Provide assistance, as needed, in support the college's crisis and emergency communications efforts.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, public relations, or related field and five years of progressively responsible project management experience in public relations and marketing; or approved combination of education and experience.
- Advanced skills in market analysis and strategic planning including knowledge of environmental scanning, direct mail, media operations, and public relations.
- Ability to identify, evaluate and recommend new product and service opportunities.
- Experience with supervision.
- Ability to design and implement effective marketing plans.
- Excellent oral, writing, editing, and presentation skills.
- Strong project management skills. Ability to lead, manage expectations, and guide decision-making in teams with individuals from all levels of the organization.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; Adobe Photoshop; and social media platforms.
- Knowledge of email marketing software.
- Knowledge of web content management systems. Experience with database input and use.
- Knowledge of emerging technologies in marketing applications, specifically the use of social and digital media as marketing tools.
- Experience in developing and implementing strategic plans with measurable goals.
- High degree of creativity.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
Supervision: Position supervises on part-time hourly staff member. Also supervises interns, as needed.
This position reports to the Executive Director of Public Relations and Marketing. Funding is supported by the Division of Continuing Education and Workforce Development.
Hours Per Week: 37.5
Work Schedule: 8:30 am - 5 pm
Compensation: $59,937 plus excellent medical, tuition reimbursement and paid leave
Open Until Filled
Best Consideration: December 4, 2020
*Pre-employment criminal background investigation is a condition of employment.
As a participating member of the Maryland Retirement and Pension System, HCC offers two retirement options: The Pension, which requires a 7% employee contribution and The ORP, a 403(b) with a 7.25% employer contribution only. Employees in positions that do not require a bachelor's degree must participate in The Pension. Employees that possess a bachelor's degree and hold professional positions that require a bachelor's degree may choose to participate in either The Pension or The ORP.
Howard Community College (HCC) is an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer & values diversity within its faculty, staff & student population. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
HCC understands that persons with specific disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance with the job application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 443-518-1100.
The following are required documents:
- Completed Application (Candidates will be evaluated on completing the college's application in full)
- Cover Letter
- Original Writing Sample