Medical Assistant II
The section of Gastroenterology & Hepatology is looking to recruit an MAII to be a part of the IBD group. This person will have primarily MAII responsibilities (performing routine patient care i.e. rooming/vitals) and limited procedure scheduling for General GI provider.
Competent level Medical Assistant who is proficient in delivering patient care in the ambulatory care setting. Performs patient care responsibilities and provides clerical/administrative support in a clinical setting. Provides guidance to entry level Medical Assistants.
- Perform routine patient care responsibilities ex. rooming and vital signs.
- Note the primary complaint/reason for visit.
- Collect patient histories and enter medications into medical record.
- Maintain patient and services rooms in a neat and orderly condition.
- Fulfill clerical responsibilities as assigned, which may include: scan patient medical records; obtain lab/x-ray reports, hospital notes, referral information; completing forms/requisitions as needed.
- Schedule & prep colonoscopy/EGD for when patient is in clinic for specific provider assigned.
- Review patients’ medications list and identify any medications
which require attention or medications need to be stopped before
- Education Required: High school diploma or GED and completion of a Medical Assistant Training program through an accredited institution.
- Experience Required: Two years of relevant experience.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration Required: Current certification as a Medical Assistant through an accredited professional organization (AAMA, AMT, ARMA, NCCT, NAHP, NHA, NAHP, AMCA, or NRMA).
Physical Risks: Potential exposures to blood borne pathogens (blood &/or other potentially infectious materials), drugs, chemicals, radiation, and physical hazards found in patient clinics, hospitals and/or laboratory work environments and in working directly with patients and other employees. Initial Blood borne Pathogens Training is required, and a Blood borne Pathogens Refresher Training must be taken annually.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.