The Center for Drug Discovery ( https://www.bcm.edu/research/centers/drug-discovery ) is a strategic research center established at Baylor College of Medicine (BCM) in Houston, Texas. The mission of the Center for Drug Discovery is to establish novel discovery technologies that enable rapid and cost-effective drug discovery within the academic community. We are seeking highly skilled and motivated scientists with expertise in medicinal chemistry and/or organic chemistry to join the Center for Drug Discovery.
- Plan, direct and conduct research experiments.
- Evaluate and analyze data.
- Develop research techniques and perform applications required for specific research projects.
- Conduct literature searches and summarize information in an appropriate format for a particular study.
- Document results of experiments and reports to principal investigators.
- Participate in early stage drug discovery efforts in collaboration with biological scientists throughout the academic community, with a goal of bringing new treatments to patients with unmet medical needs.
- Synthesize medicinal chemistry compounds that the Center for Drug Discovery request in a timely and efficient manner.
- Position supervises Staff Scientists, Postdocs and Students.
- Contribute to multidisciplinary lead-finding project teams by engaging in the following activities: perform compound resynthesis and medicinal chemistry optimization; design, screen, and synthesize DNA-encoded chemical libraries; uncover and utilize novel chemical reactions in water; and/or evaluate compounds for efficacy in vitro and/or in vivo.
- PhD in medicinal/organic chemistry or a related discipline. Experience may not be substituted in lieu of degree.
- >4 years of hands-on laboratory experience in medicinal/organic chemistry and/or a related field and a track record of quality publications and/or patents in these areas.
- Experience with one or more of the following: performing innovative chemistry reactions and compound synthesis.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Chemistry & Biochemistry Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston