Instructor - Nurse Practitioner - CHofSA Pediatrics - Critical Care
The Section of Critical Care Medicine in the Department of Pediatrics at Baylor College of Medicine seeks to recruit a full-time Pediatric Nurse Practitioner at The Children's Hospital of San Antonio.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- In collaboration with physicians and other members of the health care team, assesses patient, synthesizes and analyzes data, orders diagnostic tests and therapeutic treatments, and evaluates clinical outcomes. Comprehensive care of the patient includes assessment, diagnosis, development of a treatment plan and implementation of an individualized plan of care.
- Performing histories and physicals, plan of care, and the day-to-day management of patients.
Provides advanced nursing care to patients in a clinical setting in an area of specialization under the direction of a physician.
- Obtain detailed history and perform physical examinations.
- Perform, order, and interpret diagnostic procedures in accordance with relevant health concerns of the patient.
- Prescribes appropriate pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatments.
- Maintain records and write orders and progress notes in patient charts as to status, treatments, and procedures.
- Monitors and ensures accuracy of recording on patient medical records.
- Provide follow-up health maintenance care to patients in accordance with protocols established with the supervising physician.
- Communicate with physicians, patients, and the family members of patients concerning patient care.
- Collaborates with providers, and practice staff in identifying appropriate patients for care management.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Education Required: Master’s degree in in Nursing.
- Experience Required: None required.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: Current license as a Registered Nurse (RN) by the State of Texas Board of Nursing. Current Texas Licensure as an Advanced Practice Nurse (APRN-NP), and specialty certification as required by department. Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
- Current controlled substances certificate from the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA);
- Background working with children with chronic illness, and knowledge of long term medications and drug interactions; and
- Current Certifications in Basic Life Support and Pediatric Advanced Life Support.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.