Research Assistant I
Performs responsible research work that requires planning, completing, and occasionally supervising limited research projects in accordance with general plans approved by the supervisor.
- Conduct rodent surgical procedures.
- Conduct mouse husbandry work and maintain transgenic mouse colony.
- Perform behavioral testing in mice and rat.
- Assist other lab projects.
- Train group personnel.
- Clone and prepare mutagenesis plasmid libraries in 96-well format.
- Transfect individual constructs and mutagenesis libraries in mammalian cells.
- Transfect individual constructs in dissociated neuronal cultures.
- Perform automated imaging and evaluation of novel constructs expressed in mammalian cells.
- Perform electrophysiological characterization of novel variants in HEK293 cells.
- Document research results.
- Communicate research results during group meeting presentations and individual meetings.
- Oversee the maintenance of lab equipment and environment.
- Education Required: Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or a related field.
- Experience Required: Two years of relevant experience.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: None Required.
- Education Preferred: Master's degree in a related field.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston