Lecturer - Communications
The Department of Communication Arts in the College of the Arts seeks applicants for a non-tenure track faculty position for the Communication program beginning August 1, 2021. The selected candidate will be responsible for teaching courses in the candidate’s area of expertise.
Valdosta State University is proud to have a highly diverse student body. We are seeking to recruit and retain outstanding candidates who exhibit a clear commitment to diversity and inclusion and who will enhance the diversity of our faculty and staff.
The VSU Communication program is one of six programs, including a master’s degree within the Department of Communication Arts. The program has eleven full-time faculty and close to 200 majors. We enjoy strong university support as one of the more extensive programs in the University. For more information on the department, visit http://www.valdosta.edu/colleges/arts/communication-arts.
The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching organizational communication and quantitative methods. Courses may include organizational communication, teams and leadership, public relations, conflict, integrated communication, and specialized courses based on qualifications and experience. Graduate teaching is possible with a terminal degree.
- Master’s degree at the time of appointment in Communication or closely related field;
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in teaching and learning, and;
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Terminal degree in Communication or closely related field;
- Professional work experience;
- Teaching experience in print and digital layout and design, applied communication technology, persuasion, and advocacy;
- A record of effective teaching appropriate to the applicant’s career stage;
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative setting;
- A record of mentoring students of diverse backgrounds.
The VSU College of the Arts includes the Department of Art & Design, the Department of Music, and the Department of Communication Arts (Communication, Emergent Media, Mass Media, Public Relations, Theatre & Dance). The College of the Arts is also home to the award-winning Valdosta Symphony Orchestra and the Peach State Summer Theatre, designated as the Official Musical Theatre of the State of Georgia. VSU is accredited by NASAD, NASM, and NAST. With nearly 90 faculty members and approximately 1,100 students, the College offers a comprehensive range of undergraduate and graduate degree programs. For more information, https://www.valdosta.edu/colleges/arts/.
Valdosta State University, founded in 1906, VSU is a comprehensive university with a student enrollment of approximately 12,500. The city of Valdosta is located just north of the Florida state line on Interstate 75, is served by a regional airport, and is within a two-hour drive of Jacksonville and Tallahassee, Florida. For more information, visit https://www.valdosta.edu and for more information about the community visit https://www.valdostachamber.com.
Online application is required and should be submitted by January 6, 2021.
For more information, contact Dr. Borzi, Department Head, via email email@example.com or phone 229-333-5820. VSU is an Equal Opportunity educational institution and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people, including, but not limited to, minorities, and individuals with disabilities. Valdosta State University has a non-discrimination policy that includes sex, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, marital status, national origin, disability, and veteran status.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Valdosta
- Communications Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Valdosta
- Digital Media Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Valdosta
- Speech & Rhetoric Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Valdosta