Part time Administrative Assistant
The Administrative Assistant’s main responsibilities will revolve around the programs administered by the Academy. Although supervised by the Senior Program Coordinator, the successful candidate will be in large part responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance of the different tasks related to the Academy programs, including the LL.M. in International Human Rights, the Interamerican Moot Court, and other initiatives. The administrative assistant must possess an excellent command of oral and written Spanish, Portuguese is highly desired, to work with the instructional content and supporting materials for the Academy programs. This position will also provide administrative support to the Senior Program Coordinator as well as the two Co-Directors of the Academy. Additional duties will correspond with the Academy’s Summer Programs and its related activities.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- 27 hours per week
Required Education and Experience
- Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum Requirements:
- Two years of experience in administrative and/or secretarial experience
- Excellent command of oral and written communication in Spanish, Portuguese is Highly desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal and organizational skills
- Demonstrated high attention to detail
- Conversant with computers and instructional technologies
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
Preferred Education and Experience
- Ability to learn new software applications quickly
- Demonstrated experience developing creative and engaging training materials in a variety of formats and media
- Familiarity with synchronous and asynchronous learning
- Experience using and/or developing with some, if not all, of the following applications: Adobe Connect, Canvas,Web Conferencing tools, and HTML
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to attach a cover letter,
resume, and content development sample or any online development
work (5 pages max) to the online application.
- Other duties as assigned
Current American University Employees:
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at American University, please log intoAsuccessfulU through themyAU portal . Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email firstname.lastname@example.org .
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Curriculum & Instructional Development Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Other Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Washington D.C.