Operator/Maintenance HVAC Tech
Operator/Maintenance HVAC Tech
9700 Wade Blvd, Preston Ridge Campus
Frisco, Texas, 75035
We are searching for an experienced Operator/Maintenance HVAC Tech
Provide maintenance for campus HVAC equipment, boilers, chillers, air handling equipment, plumbing and lighting systems. Perform generator service and maintenance to ensure equipment is operational. Provide customer service when problems occur during weekends and after regular office hours, insuring safety and security of occupants and inventory.
Plant Operations Staff are considered critical to the operation and security of the district in all conditions and, therefore, are expected to report for duty as usual during emergency weather closures and be flexible to work varied hours and schedules including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform preventive maintenance, repair and/or replace assigned HVAC equipment, including pneumatic and electric components. Operate, diagnose, analyze, record findings on all HVAC equipment including boilers, chillers, pumps, motors, air handling units.
- Ensure the building is ready for staff and students, in all areas of assigned responsibility to include, but not limited to: lights, general maintenance and HVAC. Replace lamps and ballasts as needed and perform minor plumbing repairs.
- Utilize the computerized Energy Management System to monitor, operate and program on a basic level for the campus' HVAC equipment.
- Read and interpret data from charts, gauges, dials, blueprints, schematics, and technical manuals as needed when making adjustments, repairs or installations. Record data in operations logs and EMS systems in a neat, orderly manner for easy comprehension and historic referral by any member.
- Inspect fire and smoke alarm systems regularly, making necessary minor adjustments and make recommendations for major adjustments to supervisor.
- Perform maintenance checks on fire pump. Follow proper safety procedures.
- Perform generator service and maintenance. Perform water analysis, operate interior/exterior lighting systems and operate inside/outside water fountain.
- Provide customer service when problems occur during weekends and after regular office hours, insuring safety and security of occupants and inventory.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
High School Diploma or equivalent AND two (2) years of related experience repairing and installing commercial heating, air conditioning, electrical systems or related equipment OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
Successful completion of a certified program in Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioning (HVAC) from a technical trade school that includes hands on training, as well as training on energy management systems and commercial/industrial HVAC is required.
Must possess and maintain a valid Texas Driver's license. Must be insurable through Collin College insurer.
Internal candidates who have the required HVAC certification, but do not have two years of experience may be considered for a Operator/Maintenance Tech Trainee position if they have at least two (2) years of experience working at Collin College as a Plant Operations Worker OR at least one (1) year experience working at Collin College as a Facilities Operations Assistant.
Flexible to work varied hours and schedules including nights, weekends and holidays.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of recognized local and state electrical requirements.
- Knowledge of the security practice for the buildings
- Knowledge of the HVAC controls
- Organizational skills
- Customer service skills
- Computer skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to distinguish between colors and work from elevated heights (ladders, scaffolding, etc.)
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, faculty, and the public
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly having to move objects. Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching, climbing and balancing, plus pushing, pulling and lifting. Occasional exposure to unpleasant environmental conditions and/or hazards. Occasional outside work. Frequent physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $38,550.00 - 44,332.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney