Systems Admin/Programmer III
Systems Admin/Programmer III
UF Information Technology (UFIT) has an opening for an intermediate-level Linux Administrator interested in applying their expertise to fast-paced, customer-focused production support and development environments. These environments LEED certified data center housing several thousand servers and petabytes of storage.
As part of ICT, you will lead medium sized projects and direct teams responsible for maintenance, installation, configuration and deployment of advanced hardware and software systems. You and your team will particpate in managing UF Data Centers and delivering hosted server, storage, virtualization, database, email or related systems. These systems connect UF campuses an research sites to the world via high-speed data, video, WI-FI, telecommunications and VoIP services.
About UF Information Technology
The UF Information Technology division is comprised of seven departments reporting to the Vice President & Chief Information Officer. The departments reporting directly to the VP & CIO are: Academic Technology, Research Computing, Infrastructure & Communications Technology, Enterprise Systems, Information Security Office, and the UFIT Business Center. With established governance advisory committees and a set of well-defined, transparent processes aiding decision-making, UFIT strives to provide exceptional IT services in support of UF’s mission. For more information about UFIT and its goals and governance, visit: http://www.it.ufl.edu/vp-cio-office/strategic-plan/ .
Learn more about UFIT at https://it.ufl.edu/ and @GoGatorsUFIT.
About the University of Florida
UF is one of the nation’s top universities and a dynamic and rewarding place to work. The University seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of its commitment to serve a diverse global community. Plus, UF is located in Gainesville, one of Florida’s most livable cities. Known for its natural attractions (wetlands, forests, springs, wildlife) and cultural offerings (music, theater, visual arts, and historic districts), the area also is gaining a reputation as a thriving hub for high-tech start-ups, as well as invention and research collaborations. We are excited about what’s happening here and know you will want to be a part of it.
Diversity and inclusivity make our institution and our community better. We value the fresh ideas and unique perspectives a diverse group of people provides. Achieving a top-5 public university ranking means we make it a priority to employ and work with people from many backgrounds, cultures, abilities, and ethnicities to discover new ways to leverage technology for teaching and learning, research, and the business needs of a comprehensive land-grant institution.
$75,000 - $85,000 annually; commensurate with education and experience. In addition, the University of Florida offers a very competitive benefits package.
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience; or a high school diploma or equivalent and six years of experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
The ideal candidate will possess the following education, experience and skills:
- Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), Kerberos or Shibboleth
- Web servers (WebLogic, Apache or equivalent)
- MySQL, Maria DB, Percona
- Host based firewall and security (Symantec Endpoint Protection, Trend or equivalent)
- Monitoring applications (Systems Center Operations Manager, OEM, Tripwire, Nagios, Solar Winds, Nessus or equivalent)
- Linux or Unix operating system installation and support procedures (RedHat)
- Automation/Scripting (Bash, Perl, and Python)
- Cloud database deployment and management
Knowledge of or familiarity with:
- Project and risk management methods and techniques
- Github, Docker, Bitbucket, Puppet, CFEngine, Ansible, Chef or other configuration management tools
Applicants are requested to submit with their application:
- Cover Letter
- Resume and/or CV
- Professional References (Minimum of 3)
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. of the posting end date.
Health Assessment Required: No
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Technology Administration/Other Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Chief Technology & Information Officers Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge