UNDERGRADUATE NURSING FACULTY – PART TIME
Overview: Lourdes University, rooted in Catholic and Franciscan traditions, provides a values-centered education that enriches lives and advances academic excellence through the integration of the liberal arts and professional studies.
The University invites applicants for the position of Undergraduate Nursing Faculty. This is a part-time faculty position.
Lourdes University is developing a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in an inclusive environment where differences are valued and respected. Successful candidates must be committed to working with diverse student and community populations. People of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, other minorities, and intersectional individuals are encouraged to apply.
Fulfillment of Role of Faculty
- Selects, plans, organizes, and implements learning experiences in assigned courses which will assist students to meet course and program objectives.
- Integrates content from related course work into nursing content.
- Following OBN guidelines arrange for clinical preceptors, completion of appropriate preceptor and student paperwork, and assure that copies of course learning objectives are provided to course preceptors.
- Collaborate with the Director of Clinical Education regarding clinical agency selection, scheduling, negotiation and evaluation.
- Collaborates with personnel in clinical agencies used for clinical experiences as provided in contractual agreements with these agencies.
- Participates in recruitment, registration and advising activities of the College of Nursing and University.
- Maintains competence in nursing area of specialization.
- Participates in opportunities to improve and update knowledge of teaching content and teaching skills.
- Maintains current knowledge of activities and issues related to nursing education and the profession.
- Participates in scholarly, grant and/or research activities within the University and/or community.
- Completion of an approved professional nursing education program in a jurisdiction as defined by the Ohio Administrative Code for faculty teaching in a BSN program.
- Current and valid Registered Nurse license in the state of Ohio.
- A Master’s degree. If the faculty member does not have a BSN, the master’s or other academic degree, including, but not limited to a PhD, shall be in nursing. If the faculty member has a BSN, the master’s may be, but not required to be, in nursing. Doctorate degree preferred for undergraduate teaching and required for graduate faculty status.
- One year teaching experience in a baccalaureate program of nursing preferred.
- Two years clinical experience as a Registered Nurse is required.
- Certification desirable.
- Maintains current College of Nursing Health and Professional Requirements
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong, demonstrated commitment to students, mentoring, and learning.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends, in order to accommodate student and program needs.
- Exceptional responsiveness with strong follow-up and follow-through.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, demands, and stakeholder needs.
- Strong collaboration and team orientation.
- Outstanding leadership skills and ability to demonstrate the desirable behaviors for student, faculty, and program success.
Posted 30 days ago