Assistant Director of Donor Relations
Assistant Director of Donor Relations
University Advancement and External Relations
Under the direction of the Executive Director of Planned Giving and Donor Relations, this position serves in a multi-functional role implementing the overall donor relations activities for the Office of the University Advancement and External Relations (ADVEX) The Assistant Director supports the work of ADVEX by providing written materials, coordinating and overseeing the comprehensive acknowledgment, recognition and stewardship of all donors there within. The Assistant Director supports the production of materials related to giving societies, physical recognition and donor communications.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director of Planned Giving and Donor Relations
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Assist in coordination and execution of all donor relations activities, including physical recognition.
- Assist in executing annual Endowment Fund Report process for the University.
- Create and update the materials necessary for the comprehensive report for each fund on record, both endowed and expendable funds, including recipient profiles.
- Integrate appropriate stewardship steps into major gift plans in collaboration with Directors of Advancement and Executive Director of Planned Giving and Donor Relations.
- Ensure that all donor funds are spent properly and according to the governing document for the fund in coordination with the Office of Student Financial Services and the Controller's Office.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS: (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and to creatively solve problems.
- Ability to work independently. At the same time, ability to work effectively on teams with both internal and external constituents.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms.
- Understanding and commitment to the mission, vision, and programs of Adelphi University.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Two to three years of constituent relations experience required.
- Experience with Raiser's Edge or similar CRM preferred.
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research university dedicated to transforming students' lives through small classes with world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World Report, Adelphi is Long Island's oldest private coeducational university, serving almost 8,000 students at its beautiful main campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers more than 60 undergraduate programs, more than 65 master's degree and doctoral programs, and more than 35 certificate programs in the liberal arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 116,000 graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from 43 states and 64 countries, and rising rankings from top publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region.
- Back Share
To apply, visit https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ADELPHI&cws=39&rid=2465