DIVERSITY AND EQUITY CLUSTER HIRE
California State University San Marcos (CSUSM) is excited to announce the inaugural year of our Diversity and Equity Targeted Cluster Hire Initiative. CSUSM seeks to recruit and retain a diverse community of scholars: who will serve as role models for our incredible student body, including underserved American Indian, Latin@/x and Black students; and who have a demonstrated commitment to the academic success of our students.
Candidates can demonstrate their commitment to diversity and equity through their teaching, their research and creative activity or their community-based service. Applicants must satisfy one or more of the following:
- Develop and/or teach curricula that advance racial and social justice drawing from their engagement with communities of color;
- Have a demonstrated record of success in research or creative activities or community- based service focused on underserved racially minoritized communities; and/or
- Serve as role models for our diverse student body and have a demonstrated commitment to underserved communities as well as the academic success of all our students.
The cluster hire program seeks to hire tenure track faculty to start in fall 2021 in the following disciplines:
- American Indian Studies
- Biological Sciences and Chemistry & Biochemistry in Discipline-Based Educational Research
- Ethnic Studies (2)
- Social Work
Other searches include: Accounting, College of Business
For more information please go to https://www.csusm.edu/equity/commitment/clusterhire.html
We acknowledge that CSUSM is housed on the traditional territory and homelands of the Luiseño/Payómkawichum people. CSUSM is proud to be a HEED award recipient for seven years in a row. We have a rich diversity of students, a majority of whom are first generation, students of color. CSUSM is a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI). CSUSM is also home to a number of Centers and Institutes that facilitate the conduct and dissemination of research, perform public service, or provide support or special training including the California Indian Culture and Sovereignty Center, the National Latino Research Center, ACE Foster Youth, Black Student Center, Cross Cultural Center, DREAMer Resource Office, Gender Equity Center, Latin@/x Center, Pride Center, Veterans Center and the Center for Research and Engagement in STEM Education.
California State University San Marcos is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that is strongly committed to promoting diversity in all areas of the campus community. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, physical or mental disability, gender or sex, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, and veteran or military status.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Humanities Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- American Studies Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Ethnic & Multicultural Studies Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Professional Fields Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos