Student Success Professional/Jack H. Brown College of Business
Student Success Professional/Jack H. Brown College of Business & Public Administration
California State University, San Bernardino
University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB “UEC” (This is not a state position)
Employment Status: This is a temporary, non-exempt, benefited position through 12/14/2021 (position may be renewed annually based upon available funding, availability of work, and satisfactory performance).
Salary: $4,304 -$ 6,120 per month
Schedule: 40 hours per week; 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM. Some weekends/evenings may be needed. Incumbent must be able to participate in remote or on-campus work depending on the directives from the CSUSB campus.
Project Description: The incumbent will perform the following core tasks: undergraduate academic and non-academic advising; data collection and analysis; outreach and success coaching for students; regular and effective communication with Colleges, academic departments in the Jack H. Brown College of Business and Public Administration (JHBC). The over-arching goal is to promote student success including retention, timely degree progress, and graduation.
First Review Deadline: This position will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed beginning December 2, 2020.
The incumbent will:
- The Student Success Professional will provide the day-to-day academic advising to undergraduate students within the JHBC, with the goal of promoting student success.
- General advising includes identification of academic and life goals and ways of pursuing them; assisting students with major selection and changes; helping students construct, monitor, and update degree plans (including curricular and co-curricular components) to promote timely graduation; making referrals as needed to campus and community resources, and related topics.
- Utilizing campus systems such as Navigate (EAB) and PeopleSoft to develop intrusive advising campaigns for all undergraduate JHBC students.
- Assisting with the JHBC Student Success Center programs, including Ambassadors, Workshops, events, and clubs/organizations.
- The position will support events such as Student Orientation Advising and Registration (SOAR), Counselor's Day, Coyote Connect, as well as participate in other outreach and orientation activities for prospective, new, and continuing students.
- Collaborate with faculty and staff from academic departments and other units to facilitate effective advising and degree progress for students.
- Attend meetings and training as directed (to include training on electronic counseling tools, meetings of the University Academic Advising Council and/or other committees related to counseling and student success, etc.). Communicate regularly with the JHBC Associate Dean, JHBC Student Success Center Coordinator, campus partners, and off-campus professionals.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent is required.
- A Master's degree is preferred.
- Preferred knowledge of university academic requirements, including general education, and JHBC major requirements.
- Preferred knowledge of university policies and procedures, preferably through employment with CSUSB and/or UEC employment.
- Applicants must possess a working knowledge of computer software applications (PeopleSoft and EAB preferred).
- Applicants must demonstrate the ability to gather and analyze data, reason logically, draw valid conclusions, and make appropriate recommendations.
- Applicants must possess the ability to participate in, and contribute to group meetings and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, staff, faculty, and administrators.
- Applicants must possess a working knowledge of correct English, grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
UEC is an EOE - Minority/Female/Disability/Vets. This position will remain open until filled. This is a sensitive position and selected candidate must successfully pass a thorough background investigation to include a criminal history check prior to appointment.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Cash option
- CalPERS Retirement
- CalPers 457
- Group Term Life/ Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Holidays and Personal Holiday
- Vacation and Sick pay accruals
- Educational Assistance Benefit is based on availability of funding.
- Workers' Compensation
- Unemployment Insurance
- State Disability Insurance
To view full description and to apply, visit: https://www.csusb.edu