Vice President of Advancement
Vice President of Advancement
Lake Superior State University invites applicants and nominations for the Vice President of Advancement (VPA) position. The VPA reports directly to the President, serves on the Senior Management Team, and provides comprehensive leadership and oversight for all fundraising operations for the University, including supervisory responsibility over major gifts, donor relations, annual fund and athletic development; and community and alumni relations.
We seek an enthusiastic, entrepreneurial individual to embrace the tremendous opportunity to work with an innovative team to lead the University in an exciting new direction. In particular, we seek someone dedicated to the following areas and who has demonstrated success in the following areas:
- Development and implementation of operational budgets to fund an effective Advancement department.
- Raising funds to support university programs and providing scholarships and grants in support of students and improving the effectiveness of fundraising initiatives and campaigns.
- Providing primary leadership for organizing and implementing capital campaigns, scholarship support, academic program support, and endowment growth.
- Collaboration with team members, providing leadership to the creation and successful implementation of written annual and multi-year strategic plans for all aspects of Advancement and Foundation programs.
- Working collaboratively with the University President, Senior Management Team, and university community in formulating and implementing the strategic direction and goals while communicating regularly.
- Active engagement with academic deans, faculty members, staff members, athletic leadership and coaches to achieve the philanthropic and relationship development goals of the University.
- Supporting the University Foundation in fundraising efforts.
- Preparing an annual budget for the Advancement department, a budget that is grounded in the institutional strategic plan.
- Identifying and building relationships with organizations and donors throughout the region, state and nation.
- Enacting a substantial public relations function including a liaison and ambassador of the University, maintaining and creating new relationships on behalf of the University, developing strategies that increase visibility and fundraising activities for the University, and serving as primary spokesperson and representative within the community, donors, and major event sponsors.
Lake Superior State University is located in Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan, bordering Canada and surrounded by three Great Lakes. With four seasons, it’s a prime location for any outdoor enthusiast. The VPA will join an innovative and dynamic senior management team headed by President Rodney Hanley. President Hanley aspires to lead the University to new heights through a strategy that builds on strong enrollments across colleges and programs, a regional and global footprint and a solid financial position for new leadership.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year accredited educational institution required, and a master’s degree or higher preferred.
- Demonstrate understanding of charitable organizations, operations, and volunteer management.
- Minimum of five years of full-time experience in community relations and/or corporate foundations, staff management, development, and fundraising.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and verbal presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently, proactively, and collaboratively within an organization.
- Have a passion for connecting with the community to continue building on the work of the University Foundation and Alumni Office. Have a strong passion for the mission of Lake Superior State University as a public institution devoted to serving students from our region and beyond.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Executive Competitive Full Time jobs in Sault Sainte Marie
- Business & Management Executive Competitive Full Time jobs in Sault Sainte Marie
- Marketing & Sales Executive Competitive Full Time jobs in Sault Sainte Marie
- Education Executive Competitive Full Time jobs in Sault Sainte Marie
- Education Administration & Leadership Executive Competitive Full Time jobs in Sault Sainte Marie